Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brandon Rios vs Victor Ortiz.. The Grudge Match.. Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Rios vs Victor Ortiz.. The Grudge Match.. Who Wins?

As most of you are likely aware, there has been a prolonged rivalry between Ortiz and Rios going back for many years. Since Rios is now at 147 this fight will be made at some point in 2014 and the beef will be settled in the ring once and for all (unless it's a draw or a close fight deserving of a rematch).

Who wins...?
    Brandon Rios by KO-TKO-RTD
    53.33%
    Victor Ortiz by KO-TKO-RTD
    28.89%
    Brandon Rios by Decision
    2.22%
    Victor Ortiz by Decision
    15.56%
    Draw
    0.00%

Two head-cases, something is not clicking upstairs. Past their lack of something brain related, all we have left is skills to judge them on. And Ortiz is more skilled, a more complete fighter. Would be a very intriguing fight considering their history... but GB/TR so it won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
      Two head-cases, something is not clicking upstairs. Past their lack of something brain related, all we have left is skills to judge them on. And Ortiz is more skilled, a more complete fighter. Would be a very intriguing fight considering their history... but GB/TR so it won't happen.
      I did consider the GB/TR dilemma and I still believe the fight will happen..

The Grudge Match won't only be between Rios and Ortiz, but also between Top Rank and Goldenboy. It's a perfect opportunity for both promoters to work together given their own rivalry. It's a fight with a lot of marketing potential and I think both promoters will realize that and work together (begrudgingly) on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
        I did consider the GB/TR dilemma and I still believe the fight will happen..

The Grudge Match won't only be between Rios and Ortiz, but also between Top Rank and Goldenboy. It's a perfect opportunity for both promoters to work together given their own rivalry. It's a fight with a lot of marketing potential and I think both promoters will realize that and work together (begrudgingly) on this one.
        I like Arum... and I believe Floyd is the one ducking Pacquiao in the particular fight. HOWEVER, aside from that I think Bob hates Oscar a lot and as long as he is alive to do something about it, he won't help Oscar make another dime. I just can't see it man.

I doubt Arum would want RIOS to be the one to represent TR. If there is a fight where Bob could feel confident is having Pacquiao represent TR and throw him against a GB fighter... High chances TR comes out looking victorious but not the case in this fight. I just don't see being the fight that makes Bob want to co-work with GB.

Comment

I could see Rios risking more since it is not Pac and it's a guy he genuinely would like to beat up.

Comment

Facelube would destroy Rios

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
              I could see Rios risking more since it is not Pac and it's a guy he genuinely would like to beat up.
              Victor is bigger and probably hits harder And although pretty quick he's no Manny. Wouldnt be as hard to find... But Ortiz is Rios if Rios had skills and better physicall attributes lol. Hell, Ortiz might be more agressive than Rios too...and seeing as its Rios very slim chance he has a mental breakdown.

Ortiz via war.

Comment

IMO rios hits harder the harder chin the bigger drive to win ill go with rios similar to his fight vs josesito vic would be ahead of time he quits/stoppage which ever comes 1st

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
                  Facelube would destroy Rios
                  Ortiz would quit again in another WAR. Rios likes pain and would make Victor quit again.

Comment

ortiz has all the skills to beat a guy like rios, but at the end of the day, the fight would turn into a war, and rios would dig in deep, and ortiz would quit

rios ko9

Comment

Working...
                    X