A Free Market, Capitalist solution to Gun violence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump. Trump

Comment

cough* san bernardino cough* It's time for another capitalitastic bump.

Comment

Have any of you seen Independence Day, Terminator, Dawn of the Dead or Planet of the Apes? Makes you think doesn't it? I've already said in light of these enlightening films I'm keeping "my little friend" under the bed for home defense in case of any of these emergencies.

For walking down the street I'll be packing one these.

That's less threatening to people on the street and easier to manage. I'm prepared for any eventuality.

Comment

Originally posted by Fairweather View Post
          Have any of you seen Independence Day, Terminator, Dawn of the Dead or Planet of the Apes? Makes you think doesn't it? I've already said in light of these enlightening films I'm keeping "my little friend" under the bed for home defense in case of any of these emergencies.

For walking down the street I'll be packing one these.

That's less threatening to people on the street and easier to manage. I'm prepared for any eventuality.
          Look...if you're a submissive Leftist and are into BDSM and want the Govt to be your Dom and completely get rid of the 2nd amendment and turn us into Mexico or Australia...just say so

Comment

Originally posted by -DEfiance View Post
            There's no such thing as gun violence.

It falls under the same category as human violence.

And you can't cure human violence. Except maybe through extreme oppression but..... f that.
            I have to agree with righteous here. It happens once or twice a year.

Comment

Originally posted by 0ne_Capitalist View Post
              Look...if you're a submissive Leftist and are into BDSM and want the Govt to be your Dom and completely get rid of the 2nd amendment and turn us into Mexico or Australia...just say so
              Are you serious? Did you read my post properly? I agree with everything you said in your op. When I look at this guy I know I need to really up my game.

A trip down to the store just isn't safe unless your prepared. This guy has exactly the right idea.

Comment

Originally posted by 0ne_Capitalist View Post
                I usually don't comment on things outside of economics or politics related to economics, govt spending, taxation and the like....but it's time to offer some free market solutions to this problem.

First, this is a matter of supply-demand. Obviously there is a lot of natural demand for guns and ammunition from private citizens, and thus gun shops and the arms industry profit from that real demand...as well as all their employees. Jobs are created and existing jobs are maintained in that industry. There is no mandate [like in healthcare] to buy their products. Why would someone wanna interfere in this Free Market process by making it harder to buy and own guns and hurt the Gun, Arms industry? Now to the step by step solutions

1) Open carry should be encouraged.

There are some who say we've got too many Guns and that we need less like other countries. I reject this premise. If we got too many guns right now... then we need EVEN MORE guns. This solution should not be resisted but embraced. We need our citizens armed to their teeth and carry it out in the open in a Gun holster... like they did in the old Wild West days. It should be encouraged on a state by state level, with the Federal Govt promoting it as well. Instead of taking our cues from Europe, Canada...we need to be original and do the exact opposite from them and in a way that signifies that it's an American solution. Ideally, if they jump left...we jump in the opposite direction on everything. Which brings us to number 2#

2. Introduce a bill called the Wild Wild West Act and pass it in both the House and the Senate, and have the President sign it into law with enthusiasm.

In so many words... this law should state that individual citizens are allowed to have voluntary cowboy type stand off's... where they're allowed to kill each other legally. Both parties involved would have to sign a private contract amongst themselves (see contract laws) to agree to do this and have their duel in a designated area somewhere, where no bystanders can possibly get killed...all the details/stipulation, clause get ironed out in the contract. This would allow citizens who have a problem with each other and would like to hurt or kill each other, a legal way to do it instead of breaking the law and illegally murdering someone. See Gene Hackman in The Quick and the Dead for visual example, to give you an idea:

Conclusion; the combination of open carry and legal stand off's which are regulated through private contract laws would reduce crime through deterrents (everyone has a gun, look out) and if still interested in harming someone, a legal way to do it (lets sign a contract to agree to a cowboy type stand off. The contest ends when one of us is dead.)

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy lives and reading my solutions.
                It's archaic, and not progressive. Texas have the open carry law in effect right now.

Perhaps what you can explore is to limit the production of gun powder and all it's substance.
                No gunpowder no "gunpower"...that's the motto on your next idea...

Comment

Originally posted by Fairweather View Post
                  Are you serious? Did you read my post properly? I agree with everything you said in your op. When I look at this guy I know I need to really up my game.

A trip down to the store just isn't safe unless your prepared. This guy has exactly the right idea.
                  Look...it's not healthy for you to be living in the closet using Stephen Colbert-esque satire to try and make a point. Just live a little...embrace your inner submissivle leftist and the big govt dom.

Comment

Working...
                  X