Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should GGG be pound for pound number 1 if he beats jacobs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a chance in hell GGG is number 1 now or if he beats Jacobs.

Just because people MIGHT have ducked you..doesnt make you p4p#1. Winning a large number of fights Be it by KO or otherwise also doesnt ( deontay wilder ).

Beating someone outside of the current p4p list who will also be your best fight to date after such a long run certainly doesnt.

Beating fantastic fighters in 4 weight classes does though..and to say GGG is ranked higher than chocolatito in p4p is criminal.

Comment

This is a good thread to get a list of the Golovkin nuthuggers by viewing the poll results.

Comment

many already have him as pound for pound number 1....

http://www.skysports.com/golovkin-vs...036/10559569/1

is the UK fans p4p number 1 by a considerable distance, almost double the votes of 2nd place

Comment

He's the #1 already. Beating Jacobs will put him on the top 10 all time great list.

Time for a break. Isaac Clarke's mother better get my lunch ready!

Comment

Comment

He is top5, his dominance make him be there. But number one is a long journey, most probably he will have to fight jacobs, canelo and some super middle with a title to be considered in that number one discussion.

Comment

This explains why you and _Maxi have been hyping up Jacobs so much. A series of threads leading up to the grand finale. Unfortunately you got punished thoroughly in the polls.

Comment

Gonzalez is #1 by a mile and I don't think anyone surpasses him until he loses which by then I think he'll show to be past it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                    many already have him as pound for pound number 1....

http://www.skysports.com/golovkin-vs...036/10559569/1

is the UK fans p4p number 1 by a considerable distance, almost double the votes of 2nd place
                    They also voted Frampton fifth, Kell Brook 7th and Rigo all the way up in 10th.

Im British, and this country only has so much of a boxing revival at the moment because of the ludicrous amount of casuals thanks to our success in the olympics the last 8/12 years.

The vast majority of the british public wouldnt know an elite boxer from the dog breed.

Also, sky sports poll LOL.

Comment

P4P should be for people that go between weight classes and dominate. I am a Golovkin fan and I think that what he is attempting (becoming undisputed MW champion) is great for Boxing and the division. But until he has success in a division above or below can we really say that he is the P4P best.

Comment

Working...
                      X