Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone notice the lack of communication between Floyd Jr and Floyd Sr in the

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
    yes, it was floyds decision someone feel free to correct me if im wrong on this. but after the cotto fight floyd said even tho he won he felt he got hit way more than he liked. and also he touch on roger's health which is not making him able to keep up with floyd in training. i've seen roger on the mitts with floyd, im not sure what fight he was training for but i remember floyd getting mad at roger because roger was messing up on the mitts with floyd. i remember after their mitts routine floyd told them to go at it again since he wasnt happy with it. and about roach, freddie actually says when he gets in there to train thats when he actually feels normal . i guess everyones body is different.
    My dad has diabetes it doesn't prevent him from working out. Say what you want about Roger, Floyd stayed undefeated with his uncle in his corner for 12 years. Yeah a lot of had to do with Floyd's talent and skills, but Floyd keeping the same for 12 years was also a big reason why. But Sr did work with his son for 3 years prior to the Pacquiao fight.

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
      Calm down with the insults you pr**k, but just how bad was the performance that a change in corners was necessary? I'm a big Cotto fan so it was hard for me to watch the fight.
      Last edited by Boxingwizard; 12-01-2016, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
        My dad has diabetes it doesn't prevent him from working out. Say what you want about Roger, Floyd stayed undefeated with his uncle in his corner for 12 years. Yeah a lot of had to do with Floyd's talent and skills, but Floyd keeping the same for 12 years was also a big reason why. But Sr did work with his son for 3 years prior to the Pacquiao fight.
        its not what im saying!! its what floyd said! im just telling you what floyd said about roger's health. weirdo lol. i even said everyones body works different. did floyd lose with sr. in his corner??? here's what floyd said about the situation --

Both Floyd Sr. and his brother, Roger, are battling illnesses. Floyd Sr. has sarcoidosis, a disease affecting the lungs. Roger, uncle and longtime trainer to Floyd Jr. until now, has diabetes and apparently is not as healthy as Floyd Sr. Thus, the switch, Floyd Jr. said."

“Well, my dad – of course, he’s a boxing wizard and Roger’s a boxing wizard – so you can’t go wrong with either guy,” Floyd Jr. said. “My dad is the main trainer and, of course, like I said before, it’s not like I fired anyone. It’s just that my dad’s a little sick, but he’s a lot healthier than Roger is."
        Last edited by WesternChamp; 09-18-2016, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
          its not what im saying!! its what floyd said! im just telling you what floyd said about roger's health. weirdo lol. i even said everyones body works different. did floyd lose with sr. in his corner??? here's what floyd said about the situation --

Both Floyd Sr. and his brother, Roger, are battling illnesses. Floyd Sr. has sarcoidosis, a disease affecting the lungs. Roger, uncle and longtime trainer to Floyd Jr. until now, has diabetes and apparently is not as healthy as Floyd Sr. Thus, the switch, Floyd Jr. said."

“Well, my dad – of course, he’s a boxing wizard and Roger’s a boxing wizard – so you can’t go wrong with either guy,” Floyd Jr. said. “My dad is the main trainer and, of course, like I said before, it’s not like I fired anyone. It’s just that my dad’s a little sick, but he’s a lot healthier than Roger is."
          You are misinterpreting what I'm saying you dumb ass. Yes I'm aware it was Floyd's decision to replace trainers, but was Roger okay with it, did he feel like he couldn't continue training Floyd? Funny we haven't heard Roger's case, was he forced out?

Sometimes boxers don't know what's best for them. Just look at Chad Dawson, he was replacing trainers all the time, he thought he can look good under any trainer, and what look what happened to him.
          Last edited by Boxingwizard; 09-18-2016, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
            what???????????????
            I'm just saying dumb ass when a boxer decides to change trainers it sometimes effects their performance. It would be like if Ward were to get a new trainer for the Kovalev fight, it would definitely hurt his performance because no one knows what Ward is capable of other then Hunter. I'm watching first two rounds of Floyd Jr vs Cotto, he looked good, he looked sharp. I'm a Cotto fan so it's hard for me to watch the fight, but I'll stomach it.
            Last edited by Boxingwizard; 09-18-2016, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X