No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson Says Carl Froch's Deadline is Running Short

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson Says Carl Froch's Deadline is Running Short

Super middleweight Adonis Stevenson is counting down the days until Carl Froch makes a decision on his next move. If Froch (30-2, 22 KOs) reaches a deal for a rematch with Mikkel Kessler, they will have a unification in the next few months. If not, Froch has to defend his IBF title against Stevenson or face the possibility of being stripped.

[Click Here To Read More]

Kessler's WBA regular title means nothing in the real World (As Ward is #1 in the World @ 168Lb for now) so any talk of a WBA/IBF unification with Froch is piffle & should really be for the vacant EBU title as that is all it means. However it is a fight that true fight fans want to see & should be considered as a final eliminator to face the globe trotting gladiator Ward ;-). In an ideal World Stephenson should face Bute, while Froch/Kessler takes place in the UK with the 2 winners meeting up on nuetral ground to decide who's the #1 callenger for Mr Ward(SOG?)

Comment

If it's a unification fight for the IBF and WBA regular, the winner of the fight will lead to Andre Ward. Adonis will be left in the sidelines all year, without a shot. Froch won't face Adonis, because he doesn't need to. He's after Kessler, Ward and if Bute wants a re-match, these fights don't need a belt. They sell themselves.

Comment

It'll be a shame if Froch gets stripped, but if it means Stevenson-Tommy O happening then I don't mind too much. The winner of Froch-Kessler will probably face Ward next so I can't see Stevenson getting a shot in 2013 any other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          It'll be a shame if Froch gets stripped, but if it means Stevenson-Tommy O happening then I don't mind too much. The winner of Froch-Kessler will probably face Ward next so I can't see Stevenson getting a shot in 2013 any other way.
          The IBF will probably create an interim, regular, silver, junior or some other kind of Mickey Mouse belt for Stevenson to fight for. That should satisfy the parties (and further alienate the casual fan).

Comment

Are the IBF the only ones left who haven't created an interim,silver, super, recess champion? Can't wait till they do, then we can have 12-16 world champions per weight class with the IBO too.

Comment

ADONIS is better than FROCH and KESSLER right now but he has to wait,funny eh!!!?

Comment

Oh, F-off Adonis.

Comment

Originally posted by lutenco View Post
                  ADONIS is better than FROCH and KESSLER right now but he has to wait,funny eh!!!?
                  .......eh?

Comment

If Froch is stripped I wouldn't mind Ward vs the Stevenson-Oosthuizen winner though that would seem unlikely.....

Comment

Working...
                    X