Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Says Mayweather Rematch Not Part of His Plans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayweather would screw him with the weight again.

Floyd's Dad and Uncle go around saying Floyd is small and can still make 140 any time Martinez is brought up yet when it comes to meeting 140lbers halfway Mayweather won't budge an inch, instead bringing them all up to a dead 147 division where they're only half as effective.

This is a great fight around 143lbs, but Mayweather doesn't do great fights, just atm withdrawals.

Comment

Foget what Nacho says.. Timothy would love to go to Mexico. Make it happen Marquez..

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

There's no point.. Marquez always said how awful it was for him to fight Floyd. Not just that but I don't see how Marquez could do ANYTHING to change that outcome... Grow a foot, become faster and stronger from possibly a southpaw stance? Lol I dunno.

Good for him though, he doesnt need Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

Floyd's Dad and Uncle go around saying Floyd is small and can still make 140 any time Martinez is brought up yet when it comes to meeting 140lbers halfway Mayweather won't budge an inch, instead bringing them all up to a dead 147 division where they're only half as effective.

This is a great fight around 143lbs, but Mayweather doesn't do great fights, just atm withdrawals.
          YEAH! Like what Manny did to Marquez after what he saw Floyd do to Marquez at the same weight.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
            he came pretty damn close in the last time they fought as marquez was wobbly for most of the 5th round

in case u forgot the general consensus in all 4 fights was that only pac couldve won by stoppage and that was for a reason

the f u talking bout being outmatched? arce knew he was outmatched by donaire but he still challenged him instead of defending the belt he just won...warriors don't give a **** if they're outmatched or not especially when there's a career high payday involved

marquez is looking to fight a b-class fighter in mexico so he can win impressively, avoid paying taxes and people will still think he's a monster because the pac win will linger for some time to come
            Hurt=/= Almost being stopped. Specially for Marquez.

That taxes shit is ridiculous. Do you know our tax % in Mexico is twice the amount to that in California?

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
              I'm losing major respect for marquez...he knows he can't beat floyd and pac has a good chance of stopping him as well if a 5th fight ever came off

he's making calculated decisions about his career now that he's in a position to cherrypick whom he fights and he should at least be criticized as much as floyd has been for doing this...

by the looks of it he's looking to cash out as much as he can which by my definition doesn't make him a warrior

This is news to me because we all know JMM clearly won fight 3 and we all saw what happened in fight 4. Personally Pac has a case to say he won fights 1 and 2, but neither of those are as definitive as fight 3 and 4.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                There's no point.. Marquez always said how awful it was for him to fight Floyd. Not just that but I don't see how Marquez could do ANYTHING to change that outcome... Grow a foot, become faster and stronger from possibly a southpaw stance? Lol I dunno.

Good for him though, he doesnt need Floyd.
                Honestly Bradley and Khan should be fighting. That fight is long over due but most likely won't happen.

Comment

We all know Manny can make 140, so why can he screw JMM on the weight and make it 147?

How do you not see how hypocritical you are being in this particular regard?

The drawcard fights at the division he is in, it's that simple. Yet you want to be a complete tool about it because your assh*le is still devestated by Floyd Koing Hatton.

Same crap you harp on about with Cortez' reffing, but it's all good when Hatton was allowed to wrestle KT to death.

Comment

Marquez just knocked Pacquiao out at the 147 pound limit, showing power he hasn't before and you want Floyd to fight him at 143? That makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
                      We all know Manny can make 140, so why can he screw JMM on the weight and make it 147?
                      Manny did screw Marquez with the weight, I criticised him for that too.

Bottom line is Marquez isn't a welterweight. I know it, you know it and both Floyd and Marquez know it.

He looked poor there against Mayweather and he was losing that fight to Pacquiao before he found some new-found one shot power from somewhere.

Forcing fighters up in weight is b/s just as draining them is, and I'll call any fighter on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X