Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 08-16-2010, 01:28 AM #11
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
adrian16 is infamous around these partsadrian16 is infamous around these partsadrian16 is infamous around these partsadrian16 is infamous around these partsadrian16 is infamous around these partsadrian16 is infamous around these partsadrian16 is infamous around these partsadrian16 is infamous around these partsadrian16 is infamous around these partsadrian16 is infamous around these partsadrian16 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 97,478.31

Hah! I knew it, it seems akward a hard-hitting Mosley seemed to lose pace just after 2nd round. Pavlik said he was overtrained, dude this guy might be old but he has stamina, often fight till the 12th and never been knocked down.
adrian16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-16-2010, 01:33 AM #12
Banned

DiLLiNGER has disabled reputation
Bank: 756,364.36
Total Points: 825,612.09
San Miguel from the PI. Cheers - JM1 I LOVE MYSELF - DiLLiNGER Cookie for my friend Dillz - -Ash- Have some Ice Cream bro - -Ash- For putting these fools in their places - -Ash- 
Make it rain on the haters - -Ash- lets stack those gifts up for you buddy - -Ash- Throw this pie at the next poster who talks trash to you - -Ash- Kept a piece for you from Dorians birthday cake buddy - -Ash- Cause I Love Ya Son - Stones In Exile 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - JM1 Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- 
Childhood Cancer - Grand Champ Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Rolling Stone Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Kevin- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -Kevin- Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - -Kevin- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mr Punch 

It's not easy to finish floyd,his skills kept mosley away.

A question to mr roidquiao..how come he couldn't finish clottey?

Clottey wasn't throwing anything at all so I don't see the reason for him holding back..or is it maybe that arum already set the winner before the fight even started?
DiLLiNGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:36 AM #13
LUCAS KO'S FLOYD

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Canelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 109,600,426,893,085,556,736.00
Total Points: 110,346,832,562,105,253,888.00
No Message - Tha_Greatest Keep grillin these kids. - Kenny MF Powers No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Mannie Phresh Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy 
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Here's one for the kid. COngrats bro! - led* heres to your baby boy cheers - MARKBNLV Congratulations on your baby boy...have some coffee! - jose830 No Message - MARKBNLV 
not sure whos alt u are but i like you lol - ~BoZz~ Happy holidays bro! - led* lmaoooo! what you just posted on MEAT's thread deserves a burger :lol1: - jose830 WAR LUCASSS may the powerful toxins of iguana meat flow thru his veins - thuggery No Message - jose830 
:luvbed: - -jose- you need more gifts - sugarsmosley great post! - -jose- Mannie Phresh is a G - Mike D &quot;White Privilege&quot; Doe LoL - TyphoonFloyd 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeloada View Post
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

When I first joined B/R as contributor last May, my first article was about the May 1 fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Shane Mosley.

In my first article entitled "Questions on Mosley's Second Round Assault on Mayweather, Jr," I dealt with the reasons why Shane Mosley was not able to sustain his attack on Mayweather when it was so clear that the undefeated boxer lost his senses after being hit hard by Mosley in the second round:

"Boxing analysts are saying Mosley could have finished Mayweather in the second round of their fight. It was evident that Mayweather was hurt real bad in the round that 'just a little more effort' could have ended the bout in favor of Mosley via KO.

But the real question is why did Mosley 'held on'? It was quite clear from any angle that Mosley had his punching power and senses working for him in that round and even an amateur boxer would tell you it was a won fight in favor of Mosley".

I thought it was appropriate to revisit the Mosley-Mayweather fight after some B/R writers and commenter shifted their discussion on the second round assault that almost floored the undefeated boxer.

Niel de la Cruz, a very active commenter in our boxing community, said in one of his comments:

"I felt that it was fixed. If you'll watch the fight again, Mosley looked worried after hitting Floyd that almost knocked the latter down (it's like he realized that he was not following orders). After that shot, Mosley changed- from a fast strong fisted guy to slow, out-of-focused boxer. Mosley's foot work & defense changed after just two rounds.

"It's stupid to assume that Floyd's change of strategy made all the difference from 3rd to last round since one must focus also on Mosley's negative performance transition that gave Floyd a walk in the cloud 3rd to 12 round".

In the first round, Mayweather failed to land a single power punch or a combination of punches that could have weakened Mosley and justified his failure to finish Mayweather in that round.

In the second, Mayweather was clearly out of his senses.

Mosley, however, was fresh and very dangerous in the first and second rounds.

Niel continues his theory:

"My conspiracy theory: It's a fact that Floyd and Mosley were acquaintances, as they played basketball together. Floyd was accused of ducking Mosley and cherry picking his fights. On the other hand, Mosley was desperate for a fight (almost 2 years that he was not getting any payday). And Floyd was desperate to prove something.

"The one year vacation of Floyd (which he had time playing basketball with Mosley) premeditated Floyd's comeback fights (Marquez taking up to welterweight as warm up fight & a fixed fight with Mosley)."

Other commenters have sided with Niel's explanation while some members of the community disagreed.

Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao, when asked about Mosley's devastating second-round attack, didn't understand the boxer's change in attack.

“I saw that, I did,” Pacquiao said. “If I can hit Mayweather like that, I will finish him off. I would continue the attack in a way that Mosley did not. I will attack until Mayweather is gone.”

Niel offers a test for his theory:

"We know what Mosley did to Margarito. He never got tired. One possible gauge will be Mosley's fight with Mora. I'm sure you'll see a non-stop action packed fight that Mosley is known for. Very different to his fight with Floyd."

So, was the fight fixed?

Niel's theory shows it may have been.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
are you a *******?
Canelo Phresh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:37 AM #14
Contender

Rico1965 has a reputation beyond reputeRico1965 has a reputation beyond reputeRico1965 has a reputation beyond reputeRico1965 has a reputation beyond reputeRico1965 has a reputation beyond reputeRico1965 has a reputation beyond reputeRico1965 has a reputation beyond reputeRico1965 has a reputation beyond reputeRico1965 has a reputation beyond reputeRico1965 has a reputation beyond reputeRico1965 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,077,547.13

One day the world will find out that the fight was fixed. Mayweather is a fraud why do you think he doesn't want to get in the ring with Pac?
Rico1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:40 AM #15
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Young Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,221,815.12

It's just sad that Mosely had to sell out like that.

Then again he was desperate enough to take steroids when he probably didn't even need them.
Young Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:42 AM #16
Mananabas ng pepe

Akinapepemo has a reputation beyond reputeAkinapepemo has a reputation beyond reputeAkinapepemo has a reputation beyond reputeAkinapepemo has a reputation beyond reputeAkinapepemo has a reputation beyond reputeAkinapepemo has a reputation beyond reputeAkinapepemo has a reputation beyond reputeAkinapepemo has a reputation beyond reputeAkinapepemo has a reputation beyond reputeAkinapepemo has a reputation beyond reputeAkinapepemo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,520,789,276.61
Total Points: 6,521,036,272.96
1st gift - mangler super - Marcov Here's a Superman and pwned me some flomos - toyi another one - toyi No Message - LeeVanCleef 
sorry this took so long bro - Marcov double cheeseboorger - LeeVanCleef For Super Pepe! - jazluvr449 Cheers....good doing buisness with you as well. - writeright have a drink pare - ianntheman 
sa iyo unang tagay pre b-day mo kasi - peyk-peyk Maligayang Kaarawan pre - Talisayen Enjoy it Kuya. - California Love pre bawi hehe!!salamat! - irrashai19 hehehe! - irrashai19 
Happy b day parekoy - Geze tagay ka muna pre. - Talisayen Unlimited Popcorn, lol! - LeeVanCleef Pambili kulambo - LeeVanCleef parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - peyk-peyk AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - toyi Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - toyi Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - LeeVanCleef 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S a m u r a i Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - S a m u r a i Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - S a m u r a i Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - £Hank$Moody€ 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Witch_King Childhood Cancer - Witch_King Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - LeeVanCleef 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiLLiNGER View Post
It's not easy to finish floyd,his skills kept mosley away.

A question to mr roidquiao..how come he couldn't finish clottey?

Clottey wasn't throwing anything at all so I don't see the reason for him holding back..or is it maybe that arum already set the winner before the fight even started?
Because Clottey shut himself closed, no openings even for a volume puncher. I think the more apt question is why Pac didn't finish Larios, or a game JMM.

As for a modern match being fixed, is say BS. Shane was guaranteed money whether he throws a fight or not.

Besides, Shane was the underdog so he couldn't have thrown the fight, it would make better sense for a favorite to throw a fight, resulting in huge pay-offs for fight fixers.

Last edited by Akinapepemo; 08-16-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Akinapepemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:44 AM #17
Rolling with the punches.

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
ThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond reputeThePunchingBag has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,100,000,337,332.69
Be Joyful - Gift Giver 

The fight could've been fixed.

Maybe.

I wouldn't put it past Mayweather to do something like that to protect his 0.

Mosley would follow along just for the money.

He was desperate for a paycheck after his wife Jin took most of his Money.

Floyd could've allowed Mosley to fight him for a payday on the terms that Mosley agree to lose.

It's possible since the fight seemed really fishy after the 2nd round.

Oh well, the world will never know.
ThePunchingBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:45 AM #18
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Young Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,221,815.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinapepemo View Post
Because Clottey shut himself close, no open opportunities. I think the more apt question is why Pac did finish Larios, or a game JMM.

As for a modern match being fixed, is say BS. Shane was guaranteed money whether he throws a fight or not.

Besides, Shane was the underdog so he couldn't have thrown the fight, it would make better sense for a favorite to throw a fight, resulting in huge pay-offs for fight fixers.
The only problem is that Shane is affiliated with Goldenboy who co-promotes Mayweather's fights.

Why would Goldenboy want to jeopardize the Pac-May fight?

It makes sense for Mosley to throw the fight.

He hadn't fought for nearly 2 years, coming off a costly divorce and was begging for a big payday against Mayweather.
Young Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:51 AM #19
Seize the day

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Carpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond reputeCarpe Diem has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,570,957,661,193,243,648.00
Total Points: 1,570,957,705,336,472,576.00
only mayweather fan i can stand and like lol! keep being a cool guy! i like slushies so here's one hehe! cheers bro! :) - Akyra Here...have a beer. Men don't drink slushies. - check hook No Message - Old Coward beer 4 a good poster - led Have a shot - danny711 
Merry Christmas - Flab old enough to drink - MANIAC310 Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Have a gift - ABOSWORTH solid poster - sugarsmosley 

Of course....
Carpe Diem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:52 AM #20
Mananabas ng pepe

Akinapepemo has a reputation beyond reputeAkinapepemo has a reputation beyond reputeAkinapepemo has a reputation beyond reputeAkinapepemo has a reputation beyond reputeAkinapepemo has a reputation beyond reputeAkinapepemo has a reputation beyond reputeAkinapepemo has a reputation beyond reputeAkinapepemo has a reputation beyond reputeAkinapepemo has a reputation beyond reputeAkinapepemo has a reputation beyond reputeAkinapepemo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,520,789,276.61
Total Points: 6,521,036,272.96
1st gift - mangler super - Marcov Here's a Superman and pwned me some flomos - toyi another one - toyi No Message - LeeVanCleef 
sorry this took so long bro - Marcov double cheeseboorger - LeeVanCleef For Super Pepe! - jazluvr449 Cheers....good doing buisness with you as well. - writeright have a drink pare - ianntheman 
sa iyo unang tagay pre b-day mo kasi - peyk-peyk Maligayang Kaarawan pre - Talisayen Enjoy it Kuya. - California Love pre bawi hehe!!salamat! - irrashai19 hehehe! - irrashai19 
Happy b day parekoy - Geze tagay ka muna pre. - Talisayen Unlimited Popcorn, lol! - LeeVanCleef Pambili kulambo - LeeVanCleef parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - peyk-peyk AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - toyi Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - toyi Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - LeeVanCleef 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S a m u r a i Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - S a m u r a i Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - S a m u r a i Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - £Hank$Moody€ 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Witch_King Childhood Cancer - Witch_King Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - LeeVanCleef 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Money View Post
The only problem is that Shane is affiliated with Goldenboy who co-promotes Mayweather's fights.

Why would Goldenboy want to jeopardize the Pac-May fight?

It makes sense for Mosley to throw the fight.

He hadn't fought for nearly 2 years, coming off a costly divorce and was begging for a big payday against Mayweather.
Yes we could speculate, however, IMHO, i don't think it was fixed 'cause Shane is too proud to do something like that. besides, he lost a lot of money, but he ain't THAT desperate, considering he ain't the one being chased by the tax authorities. He may need money, but not that much, that he throws a fight. I've seen GBP promoted boxers fighting another GBP cashcow and still give it their best.
Akinapepemo is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
fight, fixed?, mayweather-mosley, recent

User Tag List