Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was the Recent Mayweather-Mosley Fight Fixed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was the Recent Mayweather-Mosley Fight Fixed?

When I first joined B/R as contributor last May, my first article was about the May 1 fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Shane Mosley.

In my first article entitled "Questions on Mosley's Second Round Assault on Mayweather, Jr," I dealt with the reasons why Shane Mosley was not able to sustain his attack on Mayweather when it was so clear that the undefeated boxer lost his senses after being hit hard by Mosley in the second round:

"Boxing analysts are saying Mosley could have finished Mayweather in the second round of their fight. It was evident that Mayweather was hurt real bad in the round that 'just a little more effort' could have ended the bout in favor of Mosley via KO.

But the real question is why did Mosley 'held on'? It was quite clear from any angle that Mosley had his punching power and senses working for him in that round and even an amateur boxer would tell you it was a won fight in favor of Mosley".

I thought it was appropriate to revisit the Mosley-Mayweather fight after some B/R writers and commenter shifted their discussion on the second round assault that almost floored the undefeated boxer.

Niel de la Cruz, a very active commenter in our boxing community, said in one of his comments:

"I felt that it was fixed. If you'll watch the fight again, Mosley looked worried after hitting Floyd that almost knocked the latter down (it's like he realized that he was not following orders). After that shot, Mosley changed- from a fast strong fisted guy to slow, out-of-focused boxer. Mosley's foot work & defense changed after just two rounds.

"It's stupid to assume that Floyd's change of strategy made all the difference from 3rd to last round since one must focus also on Mosley's negative performance transition that gave Floyd a walk in the cloud 3rd to 12 round".

In the first round, Mayweather failed to land a single power punch or a combination of punches that could have weakened Mosley and justified his failure to finish Mayweather in that round.

In the second, Mayweather was clearly out of his senses.

Mosley, however, was fresh and very dangerous in the first and second rounds.

Niel continues his theory:

"My conspiracy theory: It's a fact that Floyd and Mosley were acquaintances, as they played basketball together. Floyd was accused of ducking Mosley and cherry picking his fights. On the other hand, Mosley was desperate for a fight (almost 2 years that he was not getting any payday). And Floyd was desperate to prove something.

"The one year vacation of Floyd (which he had time playing basketball with Mosley) premeditated Floyd's comeback fights (Marquez taking up to welterweight as warm up fight & a fixed fight with Mosley)."

Other commenters have sided with Niel's explanation while some members of the community disagreed.

Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao, when asked about Mosley's devastating second-round attack, didn't understand the boxer's change in attack.

“I saw that, I did,” Pacquiao said. “If I can hit Mayweather like that, I will finish him off. I would continue the attack in a way that Mosley did not. I will attack until Mayweather is gone.”

Niel offers a test for his theory:

"We know what Mosley did to Margarito. He never got tired. One possible gauge will be Mosley's fight with Mora. I'm sure you'll see a non-stop action packed fight that Mosley is known for. Very different to his fight with Floyd."

So, was the fight fixed?

Niel's theory shows it may have been.

LINK

The judges were paid off. Mosley was robbed.

Comment

Yes it was fixed. When Shane tried to KO Floyd in round 2. He was pretending.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        Yes it was fixed. When Shane tried to KO Floyd in round 2. He was pretending.
        I agree, he held back after that shot.. very suspicious.

Comment

Shane was desperate for money, the whole fight presser "brawl" was so fake it was laughable.

It's kinda sad though that Mosely had to sell himself out over money but the guy was broke from the divorce etc..

Comment

If Mosley had KO'd Floyd in the 2nd round, he'd be making 20 times as much as he will for fighting Mora. Why would Shane not take that and absorb a beating instead?

Just a ridiculous theory.

Comment

same thing is happening next with Margarito. that's the nature of in-house fights. The reason is promoters don't want their boxer to lose...period. a top-rank/GBP megafight is almost impossible to make.

boxing is, has been, and will always be a sport run by green eyed cheaters and scammers.

Floyd/Mosley just may have been fixed. Same goes for this next Manny/Margo fight.
              Last edited by NesNY; 08-15-2010, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                If Mosley had KO'd Floyd in the 2nd round, he'd be making 20 times as much as he will for fighting Mora. Why would Shane not take that and absorb a beating instead?

Just a ridiculous theory.
                It's because Goldenboy co-promotes Mayweather's fights.

You think they would want the Pac-May fight to be in jeopardy?

Mosley just does what he's told - it's the same reason why Jin cleaned him out.
                Last edited by Young Money; 08-15-2010, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
                  It's because Goldenboy co-promotes Mayweather's fights.

You think they would want the Pac-May fight to be in jeopardy?

Mosley just does what he's told - it's the same reason why Jinkee cleaned him out.
                  ?

jinkee - manny's wife

Jin Mosley - shane's ex wife.

Comment

Originally posted by NesNY View Post
                    ?

jinkee - manny's wife

Jin Mosley - shane's ex wife.
                    Opps my bad, fixed!

Comment

Working...
                    X