Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Promoters a re greedy people who are killing the sport of boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promoters a re greedy people who are killing the sport of boxing.

by being so greedy for putting their fighters 0 out there at such a young age just to get more money. Which leads to ruining what they could have been. Example: Kelly Pavlik(34-0 with best wins at 160) unccessarily going up to 170 to fight a Legend in Bernard Hopkins because there were no more money fights anywhere else, Outcome: Kelly Pavlik gets bashed and judged as a hype job. Jeff Lacy(21-0) going overseas to fight an undefeated fighter Calzaghe(40-0) without even establishing himself as the best at 168 or even a Top 10 p4p fighter, Outcome: Lacy was judged as "not that good to begin with" and just got "Exposed with slaps" Career basically died after that compared to wat it was pre-Calzaghe. James Kirkland(25-0) only 25 years old going up against Sergiy Dzinziruk(36-0) who will most likely box kirklands ears off and give him his first loss and have fans saying Kirkland got exposed. I might get bashed and you guys might argue that champions always take risks and a true fighter would put his 0 on the line; but hence i'm talking about the timing, age and experience not, never ever putting your 0 on the line. Just promoters taking advantage of a young fighter's aura only to potentially tarnish what they could have done if brought at a pace that was more suitable with the experience they had. Bad promoting and fast-promoting equals Less stars and more "Hype Jobs" and "Exposed" fighters. Do you guys agree or is it okay for young up and coming fighters to fight proven champions/Elite level fighters?

I know i wrote too much but please take your time to read it, I did take my time to write this ffor you all. Thanks.

Comment

It's a very good write up and i agree with most of it. My fav prospect of a few years ago (Rey Bautista) was another who got moved in to early and was ruined by it. Frank Warren gets a lot of heat but one thing is for sure....If he has a top talent they wont be pushed in to early and they wont retire broke.

PS.

I'm no Frank defender but he does get way to much ****.

Comment

yea theres too much money influence...but its not just a boxing thing...its captalism as whole is too much involved in sports

Comment

Originally posted by The Gunner View Post
          It's a very good write up and i agree with most of it. My fav prospect of a few years ago (Rey Bautista) was another who got moved in to early and was ruined by it. Frank Warren gets a lot of heat but one thing is for sure....If he has a top talent they wont be pushed in to early and they wont retire broke.

PS.

I'm no Frank defender but he does get way to much ****.
          Yeah i remember that fighter. There's a lot of young fighters who are brought up too fast because of the reception they get from fans and media.

Comment

Originally posted by kev183 View Post
            by being so greedy for putting their fighters 0 out there at such a young age just to get more money. Which leads to ruining what they could have been. Example: Kelly Pavlik(34-0 with best wins at 160) unccessarily going up to 170 to fight a Legend in Bernard Hopkins because there were no more money fights anywhere else, Outcome: Kelly Pavlik gets bashed and judged as a hype job. Jeff Lacy(21-0) going overseas to fight an undefeated fighter Calzaghe(40-0) without even establishing himself as the best at 168 or even a Top 10 p4p fighter, Outcome: Lacy was judged as "not that good to begin with" and just got "Exposed with slaps" Career basically died after that compared to wat it was pre-Calzaghe. James Kirkland(25-0) only 25 years old going up against Sergiy Dzinziruk(36-0) who will most likely box kirklands ears off and give him his first loss and have fans saying Kirkland got exposed. I might get bashed and you guys might argue that champions always take risks and a true fighter would put his 0 on the line; but hence i'm talking about the timing, age and experience not, never ever putting your 0 on the line. Just promoters taking advantage of a young fighter's aura only to potentially tarnish what they could have done if brought at a pace that was more suitable with the experience they had. Bad promoting and fast-promoting equals Less stars and more "Hype Jobs" and "Exposed" fighters. Do you guys agree or is it okay for young up and coming fighters to fight proven champions/Elite level fighters?
            calzaghe slaps the **** out of all fakers. calzaghe>all fighters

Comment

I can see your point but I dont agree.
              A lot of fighters might lose if thrown in at the deep end, but they should be capable of learning from it. There is no shame in losing to an established champion, and they can learn 10x more in 1 fight with them than 5 fights with average contenders.
              Remember for every promising fighter that loses to an established champion, there's an Ali, Tyson, or a roy jones.
              Speaking of RJJ, Hopkins did alright after he lost to him. It's not the end of your career if u lose, and fighters should always want to fight the best.

Comment

Working...
              X