No announcement yet.

Cali Black Widow invasion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cali Black Widow invasion

.....So I am finding Western Black Widows on my pool deck lately. What are those California bitches doing in Florida??? I plan to post some pics of the one I found today along with a link for identification purposes. I trapped her in a glass and got some good shots. I have emailed pics to the Entomology department at UF and they were amazed to hear that they are so prevelant down here. The one I found today is the subadult female in the pics in this link. They aren't supposed to be here.

http://mamba.bio.uci.edu/~pjbryant/b...20hesperus.htm

That makes me want to puke. I hate spiders.

Comment

Originally posted by PBDS View Post
      .....So I am finding Western Black Widows on my pool deck lately. What are those California bitches doing in Florida??? I plan to post some pics of the one I found today along with a link for identification purposes. I trapped her in a glass and got some good shots. I have emailed pics to the Entomology department at UF and they were amazed to hear that they are so prevelant down here. The one I found today is the subadult female in the pics in this link. They aren't supposed to be here.

I remember a cousin in Australia telling me a story about how a tarantula crawled onto her shoulder whilst she was leaning against a fence in her back garden. She never screamed so loud. Something we don't have to worry about in England.

Comment

i hate spiders, thank god we dont get any dangerous ones in scotland

Comment

....They rarely bite and they are pretty harmless to humans ibecause of that. My kids went with me to turn her loose in the woods as I definitely don't kill the poisonous spiders I find. I was going to leave her on my pool deck but the wife wouldn't have it.

Comment

i fuckin hate widows. caught this little ***** a few years ago tryin to hatch an egg underneith the pool table in my garage.

they're evil. even their BLOOD is black.

Comment

Love spiders. Make sure you take good care of it.

Comment

Originally posted by PBDS View Post

I killed one of them in the garage of a newly built home in Port St. Lucie a little over a year ago. Nastey little fellows...

What part of Florida are you in PBDS? I live in Daytona and visit Miami frequently.

Comment

Sorry about that....I knew I shipped the box of spiders off somewhere, but thought it was to BFE

Comment

In the lumber yard where I work those black widows always start showing up once the weather gets consistently hot. I don't mind spiders, but it's still creepy picking up a piece of lumber and seeing one or a couple of them right there. I don't show mercy though I kill them instantly.

Comment

Working...
                    X