No announcement yet.

Ward retired as a legend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    "Legendary" boxers all have one thing in common - FANS. That rules Ward out, I'm afraid. You can't be a legend if nobody knows who da **** you are!
    Your amount of fans does not determine if you're a legend or not. Look at Golovkin. Many fans, but just a better-than-average slugger.

Comment

"Being great is being accepted by the people" - Mike Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
        Your amount of fans does not determine if you're a legend or not. Look at Golovkin. Many fans, but just a better-than-average slugger.
        Bro, Ward is not a legend by any definition. He'll be remembered as an exceptional boxer, but that's it. You're going to put him alongside true legends like Robinson, Armstrong and Ali? C'mon.

Comment

nah he was a fraud. i have seen his fights. they def were not on the level. he wouldnt have to cheat so blatantly and obviously if he were a great boxer. just a decent boxer with powerful friends. nothing to remember unless as a cautionary tale

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            Bro, Ward is not a legend by any definition. He'll be remembered as an exceptional boxer, but that's it. You're going to put him alongside true legends like Robinson, Armstrong and Ali? C'mon.
            Why the fawk are mentioning Robinson and Armstrong along with Ali? Ward has a better resume than those guys had.

Comment

Why the fawk are mentioning Robinson and Armstrong along with Ali? Ward has a better resume than those guys had.
              Because all three are legends. Ward is not, nor will he ever be (now), a legend. Better resume? lmao What are you smoking? Legends are made by several factors -- resume, impact on the sport, name recognition, etc. Ability and a few credentials don't necessarily make a legend. Ward won't be remembered by anyone outside hardcore fans in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Because all three are legends. Ward is not, nor will he ever be (now), a legend. Better resume? lmao What are you smoking? Legends are made by several factors -- resume, impact on the sport, name recognition, etc. Ability and a few credentials don't necessarily make a legend. Ward won't be remembered by anyone outside hardcore fans in a few years.
                Well... I'm very certain that Kovalev will have nightmares about Ward until his death. Ward took his manlyhood away.

Kovalev acted all racist, then starts kissing up to Ward while Ward ignores him, he then talks **** but Ward makes a mafia boss put him in his place and when they fight, Ward looked like a powerpuncher in beating Kovalev twice. Kovalev is a broken man inside now.

Comment

Well... I'm very certain that Kovalev will have nightmares about Ward until his death. Ward took his manlyhood away.

Kovalev acted all racist, then starts kissing up to Ward while Ward ignores him, he then talks **** but Ward makes a mafia boss put him in his place and when they fight, Ward looked like a powerpuncher in beating Kovalev twice. Kovalev is a broken man inside now.
                  Ok...how does all that make Ward a legend?

I don't doubt that Andre could've become a legend, but he simply retired way too early. His choice...and not a bad one, if you ask me.

Comment

yes

he is sure a legend and my mentor

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                      he was a legend in his own mind.
                      Damn it, u beat me to it.

Comment

Working...
                      X