Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any MMA fighters that punch harder than Pauli Malignaggi?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
    Connors power cant be that bad, he did appear to stun Paulie with big gloves and a headguard who has a decent chin himself.
    Paulie also said that Connors power was above average but nothing crazy, thats a hell of a complement considering Paulie has fought the very best.
    Pauli also said he hits harder than McGregor.

Agree with him?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      So far, to my (limited) knowledge, two supposed "KO Punchers" in MMA have attempted to transition to Boxing; Mike Perry, 10-1 10 KO's, knocking guys dead in MMA and of course Conor McGregor.

Both tried Boxing out and seemed to have the power of Pauli Malignaggi.

Are there any other examples and did any of them show any signs of having any punching power?
      You can't really compare the two. In MMA you are punching with 4oz mitts, so the technique is definitely a little different because it is easier to inflict a debilitating or ko blow you see more arm punching and less of a follow through and full extension at the risk of losing position and becoming vulnerable to a takedown or a counter punch. The margins are definitely finer in that sense.

With the above said - I think its harder to determine who punches hard in the world of MMA because KO's are all round more common due to the smaller gloves. I reckon McGregor gets KO's because he has above average heavy handedness (yes I just made up a word) and because his striking is superior to a lot of these guys. To determine whether he could punch or not in the boxing world, I think you would need to see a larger sample of data within boxing. i.e. 10-20 fights from journeymen through the levels, like most boxers go through.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        You can't really compare the two. In MMA you are punching with 4oz mitts, so the technique is definitely a little different because it is easier to inflict a debilitating or ko blow you see more arm punching and less of a follow through and full extension at the risk of losing position and becoming vulnerable to a takedown or a counter punch. The margins are definitely finer in that sense.

With the above said - I think its harder to determine who punches hard in the world of MMA because KO's are all round more common due to the smaller gloves. I reckon McGregor gets KO's because he has above average heavy handedness (yes I just made up a word) and because his striking is superior to a lot of these guys. To determine whether he could punch or not in the boxing world, I think you would need to see a larger sample of data within boxing. i.e. 10-20 fights from journeymen through the levels, like most boxers go through.
        Good points.

I'd be interested to see Conor fight some journeyman, see if his punches have any effect on them.

Obviously massive lack of experience aka no experience in Boxing plays a major key.

Comment

come on man , this is an insult to mma fans

question should be " are there 10 year olds that dont punch harder than paulie's weak ass

Comment

Its comedic. I think the slapping of Joe Calzaghe is a harder strike than anybody in MMA.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
              i still can't understand mcgregor's punching technique last night, what was that? seriously, what was he trying to do?
              Last word of the post above explains conor

Comment

Mmgay fighters do not know proper technique...That's the bottom line

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
                  come on man , this is an insult to mma fans

question should be " are there 10 year olds that dont punch harder than paulie's weak ass

Where's that sparring footage now? ALL of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                    Where's that sparring footage now? ALL of it.
                    does it even matter now ..given how successful mac gregor was compared to the expectations, i think it's safe to say paulie got his **** pushed in vs connor

paulie is a garbage fighter, that's been known like forever

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                      I remember saying that McGregor is probably a slightly harder puncher than Devon Alexander, I don't even know if he's that.
                      was it Devon that KO'd Juan Urango? I don't recall- I think it was him. I remember an uppercut laying Urango out.

Comment

Working...
                      X