No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto to return to 154 for last fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    Cotto is the #1 Contender for Liam Smith WBO Belt, I think that should be who he targets for his last fight, try to win that belt and then retire!

Comment

Old age has finally caught up with Marquez and it clearly showed in his loss to Bradley. Cotto lost to the excellent Canelo but he fought very well and seems to still be in his late prime when trained by Roach. Cotto's perfect fighting weight might be 149-150 pounds while Marquez is probably at his best at about 135. Cotto has huge advantages in size, strength, punching power and age. Marquez couldn't beat Bradley so I give him almost no chance to beat Cotto if they fight.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        He never left 154.
        Exactly.

Cotto-Trout rematch since they're both coming off losses. I'm sure Cotto would want to avenge that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          I dont think its that bad but I do think Marquez definitely needs a tune-up but from last I heard the knee isnt to well. If Marquez goes straight into a Cotto fight he loses, depending how he looks with a tune-up will tell the outcome of Cotto vs Marquez.
          Uh-oh, Cotto trying to fight a cripple again? Figures.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Marquez is a small welterweight, Cotto is a light middleweight. JMM hasn't had a notable win in 4 years. BS fight.

JMM gets battered.
            i dunno man.

jmm is special, i can see him stopping cotto late in a fight as i can see cotto doing the same. this is a good fight.

Comment

Yeah, I don't have a problem with Marquez/Cotto either.

Of course, there is the size difference, but for both men this will be their last 'big' fight, they will both retire within a year after this fight. They both got literally nothing to lose at this point.

Besides, a win over Cotto/Marquez would look good on either guy's resume, regardless of the fact that they're both really past prime.

PR vs Mexico, two fighters with fan friendly styles, an interesting stylistic match up.

I say **** it, make it happen.

Comment

Cotta-Marquez at 149, i'll definitely watch. Can't hate on that

Comment

of course cotto wants to fight marquez. that'll be the 3rd bum legged fighter he can get.

Comment

If Cotto goes down to 149 he will get KOed.

Never seen an old fighter to my memory that has gone down and done well

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                      I say f u c k this last fight and just cash in the chip's already.
                      who's the chick on your profile

Comment

Working...
                      X