Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A 4 division champ in the pros is when you go up 10 lbs in weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 4 division champ in the pros is when you go up 10 lbs in weight?

Not hating on Choco, he had some very good wins but even the amateurs have fewer weight classes than the pros. There are guys in the amateurs that started at 108 and moved up to 152 but I am going to give credit to RG for moving up 10 pounds over how many years again?

Fuk all of you boxing hipsters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah that X division champ **** when the divisions are 3 lbs apart has gotta go.

Always one meal away from legendary.

Comment

Weight is different at the subatomic level. The laws of physics are different. 10lbs from 105 to 115 is the equivalent of Floyd going from 130 to HW.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Weight is different at the subatomic level. The laws of physics are different. 10lbs from 105 to 115 is the equivalent of Floyd going from 130 to HW.
          That's the most BS I've heard ever, how do I sig this BS?

Comment

Choco-Cerdo is a 112-115 pounds natural fighter...

He is fighting with guys of his size

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              If you want to do the math, its the difference between going from 147-160

The gap from 112 - 115 is the same as percentage of body weight as the gap from supermiddle to lightheavy.

From 105-108 is pretty close to the game from 154-160.

Make fun of the little guys if you want. But their weight class difference are proportional to their size.

Comment

10lbs to a guy who doesn't weigh much more than a 100lbs is an obscene amount.

Comment

I get what the OP is saying and has a fair point however its still impressive. Shoot, with more weight classes and 4 alphabet titles, how come this isn't happening way more often? Still a degree of difficulty.

Comment

2.5 pounds per division, that's like a meal at Jimmy the Greek and a pop. Not even the amateurs have divisions so close together. I mean from 49 to 52 kg divisions at the ams is more than 6 pounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X