Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better fighter: Matthysse or Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better fighter: Matthysse or Golovkin?

Simple question, who's the better fighter?

As of right now, I'd say Mattysse has proven more against better fighters professionally. So I'd go with him until proven otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      As of right now, I'd say Mattysse has proven more against better fighters professionally. So I'd go with him until proven otherwise.
      This.

Matthysse had proven what he's got against a few top level guys, Triple G hasn't yet.

Comment

Yeah fair enough, thats indisputable i guess. Experience aside though, does Lucas still rate higher?

Or a better question who has the greater potential? Because really we dont know how well GGG will fair at the higher levels but that doesn't stop us as fans from speculating...

Comment

This is hard. Other than the obvious "Matt has fought better competition", I think they are are the biggest threats in their respective divisions. Need to see Golovkin fight a couple more legit opponents before I can decide. I do think that Golovkin has the potential to do bigger things, to achieve more than Lucas. Time ain't really on his side though.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            This is hard. Other than the obvious "Matt has fought better competition", I think they are are the biggest threats in their respective divisions. Need to see Golovkin fight a couple more legit opponents before I can decide
            Make a call!!!

Was looking forward to your take, given that u are a huge fan of both

Comment

Matthysee.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                Make a call!!!

Was looking forward to your take, given that u are a huge fan of both
                Alright alright! lol, hmm....I have to say that Matt has impressed me with the way he handles southpaws, and the fact that he doesn't get hit nearly as much as his style would lead you to believe. Both guys are proficient when they go to the body, and both have game-changing power. Very similar mentality and they go about their business in a similar way too, but I think Golovkin is a bit more patient on offense and I think he might have better counter-punching ability too.

I'll pick Matt for now, cuz I've seen more of his ability due to his tougher opposition. However, GGG probably has the higher ceiling.

Comment

GGGGGGGGolovkin! (with the G-unit voice)

Comment

Matthysse clearly. Unlike Genady Lucas has actually fought fighters with pulses.

Comment

Working...
                    X