No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao considering playing for Philippine Basketball Association

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao considering playing for Philippine Basketball Association

By Alon Calinao Dy: New WBO welterweight and eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao (56-5-2) would like to become a basketball player for Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) after he defeated Timothy Bradley (31-1-1) in unanimous decision last April 12 this year at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

However, Commissioner Chito Salud said in one of the interviews to spin.ph, “He (referring to Pacquiao) will be a welcome to the PBA. But he will have to enter the rookie draft – he has to go through the process.”

Some of Pacquiao’s supporters are not happy with his decision to play in PBA, as they want him to focus only on his boxing career. Others would even argue that this would be the end of the journey for the Filipino boxing champ, for he might suffer some injuries during the competition. His fans are very worried about this because Pacquiao is trying so many things in life.

Aside from being a boxer, he is a singer, artist, politician, preacher, and now trying to become a basketball player in the Philippines. Indeed, these things are obvious distractions for the Sarangani Representative . Although in some reports it said that before his fight against Bradley, playing basketball truly helped his speed and footwork during the heat of the battle.

Weather or not Pacquiao becomes a new PBA player, I believe the Filipino Pride is qualified to play in this game regardless of height disadvantage. He still has the power and speed to excel in other physical sports if he really wants to. Of course, there is no guarantee that the Filipino congressman will be selected to apply for the rookie draft despite his greatness in boxing.

No one would foul him or D him up.

Comment

Remember when Roy played in a game the day of his fight? Of course he was fighting the guy who drove him to the arena so........

Comment

Give the basketball up, if you cant slam dunk whats the point? But you may injure your shins or whatever so its not worth it. Concentrate on boxing totally because you may have a Floyd fight coming up someday.

Play basketball when your boxing career is over, and don't try multi task, men cant do that successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          Give the basketball up, if you cant slam dunk whats the point? But you may injure your shins or whatever so its not worth it. Concentrate on boxing totally because you may have a Floyd fight coming up someday.

Play basketball when your boxing career is over, and don't try multi task, men cant do that successfully.
          Not even gonna go there, but he does need to focus on one thing at a time.

Comment

Pacquiao can shoot like Steph Curry

I don't know how long the basketball season is over there but I still wanna see Pac fight 2 times a year

Comment

Don't let Pacs mom in the game

Comment

Lmao!! PAC u suck at basketball!! Nobody around u wants to tell u, but I'm gonna tell u right now u suck!! The way u shoot the ball u'll get blocked or the ball stolen all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                  Lmao!! PAC u suck at basketball!! Nobody around u wants to tell u, but I'm gonna tell u right now u suck!! The way u shoot the ball u'll get blocked or the ball stolen all the time.
                  I was thinking the same thing the guy is a 5'6" midget who weighs 150 pounds ...Anyone actually seen a PBA player?

Comment

Go for it...........

Comment

Working...
                    X