• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

That's where I was. $42 per seat.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
      I was at the movies last night, I asked dude (out of curiosity) how much are the fight tickets, he tells me $40 and they're all sold out! I was a bit shocked honestly. I wasn't planning on watching beforehand but I suppose I maybe would have if it weren't sold out - the girl I was with had never seen boxing so it was tempting but we only got there past 1030.

Anyways, later I walk out of the movie for a bag of popcorn a bit after 11pm, and there's a huge line of what looks like country folk (there was some kind of country concert nearby) and I'm like ****ing aye I'm gonna be in this line for like 10-15 minutes for a bag of popcorn. At least I found amusement from the conversations taking place around me, some cowgirl: "floyd mayweather is going to get knocked out! *does a little dance* Her male companion: "yeah!" Ironically, that was a floyd mayweather style "yeah." Guy behind me seemed half-knowledgeable explaining why Floyd can't lose by Vegas money, being a heavy favorite. All in all, it seemed like a crowd of people that have never actually watched boxing, they were just there for Conor McGregor. I'll give him that, he has a very good following and he generates interest every time he's put in front of a microphone. He's a brilliant **** talker and he made this a gigantic event for casual fans.
      The theater I went to was an even mix of Conor and Floyd fans. But by the end everyone was giving Floyd his props for knocking him out.

Comment

Originally posted by USMCer View Post
        That's where I was. $42 per seat.
        Damn! Why didn't you hit Buffalo Wild Wings? Heard they were charging $20 cover

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          The fight was huge, world wide. I haven't seen it but it sounds like it was good entertainment and Conor did much better than most expected although he was badly beaten after round 3.
          He wasn't exactly badly beaten after 3, he stayed competitive, but in a losing effort, until round 9. That's the round where Floyd picked it up and went for the kill, and finished him in the 10th.

Comment

Thats about 5k per theater.

My theater was below average I guess. I think there was 20-30 ($800-$1,200) people in my theater.

Comment

Mayweather-Canelo did over 2 million buys. He projecting it did over twice Mayweather-Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Mayweather-Canelo did over 2 million buys. He projecting it did over twice Mayweather-Canelo.
                He's talking about movie theaters not the PPV

Comment

Damn! Why didn't you hit Buffalo Wild Wings? Heard they were charging $20 cover
                  Didn't want to put up with the bar crowd, especially for this fight. I like to listen to the commentary.

IDK if the price was the same for other theaters... this one was 'stadium seating' with the seats that you can recline. Not that I cared, but I did use the extra elbow-room... I was on the edge of my seat, throwing jabs, uppercuts, moving my head...

Comment

Looking at the math thats 60,000 people who watched the fight at theaters. Thats lower then what it should be with how good of an experience I had at the theater last night.

They should try to market the theater experience more as I think it has good upside. I know a lot of cats prefer the bar atmosphere with fights & that surely hurts the theater experience since they don't serve alcohol, but if they could add some extras or if you could make a theater experience with alcohol they'd do much better than 60k people watching at theaters.

I'll definitely be watching Canelo vs GGG at a theater. And thats only $20 cuz I already checked into it lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X