No announcement yet.

Kovalev's "Suspect Chin"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kovalev's "Suspect Chin"

I've been watching Kovalev since the Campillo fight.

I keep hearing that he has a suspect chin but I've yet to see any evidence of that.

Is there any fights as a pro where he was visibly hurt? I know he was stopped in the AM's but as a pro are there any?

That Camparello dropped him but it was a flash KD he wasn't hurt.

Not saying he doesn't, but I can't see the evidence. What about fights pre Campillo?

He was apparently down twice and badly hurt against Boone in their first fight, but there's no video of it.

People always exaggerate the 'weak chin' stuff, he might not have a Margarito chin, but very few do. I think he's just got the average chin, not weak, not strong. Not everyone's chin is either glass or granite, there's an inbetween.

Comment

It's hearing about Boone and seeing Caparello. Which BTW had as much to do with Kovalev's foot being pinned beneath Caparello's as the punch.

Comment

caparello stepped on Kov's foot btw

Comment

I don't count the Caparello KD as a legit KD (not even a flash KD), the punch had literally zero impact, only reason Kov touched the canvas is because his foot was stepped on and he couldn't keep balance.

Comment

People will see what they want to see. I've read some people say that Hopkins shook him hard. Other fighters get called granite chinned despite being dropped more.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
              Not everyone's chin is either glass or granite, there's an inbetween.
              How ludicrous of you. This is NSB.

Comment

His chin is not the greatest, I swear I seen him do a faint 2 step right at the end of one of those pascal rounds.

someone who can land a combo on his chin I think might be able to put him down. Pascal was only able to rally out single shots on him.

Comment

Maybe he likes to punch but not get punched.

Comment

I don't think it's granite, but defo not bad either.

Suspicions are mostly based on Boone and Amateur ko. Boone is a huge puncher though (see Ward Kd and Stevenson ko) and if I remember right the guy who ko'd him the ams was a pretty big puncher too.

These are lhw's at the end of the day, they are bug dudes and kds happen

Comment

Working...
                    X