Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Pac can gain weight and speed "clean" why can't Marquez???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Pacquiao didn't gain speed, for one. He also translated well immediately. Marquez looked to be getting worse at lightweight, he looked awful against Mayweather, and he wasn't exactly a physical specimen against Pac in the third fight. Now he's a beast?

Common sense people. I don't blame Marquez, why not cheat?
    based on what? his amazing performance against Fedchenko? or some sparring footage against a no namer?

Comment

In my opinion I never said he couldn't, i just think its amazing just like what Pacquiao did and Roach was just talking shit guess he just wanted to feel what it felt like to be the one doing the baseless accusations for once. (keep in mind he's just" looking good" in sparring and training camp we dont know wtf is really going on with him until the bell rings)

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
        they only gained weight, none of them gained speed
        THANK YOU.

Greek K given.

Comment

Originally posted by DUnknown1 View Post
          Since when did JMM gain any speed?
          Last time checked his speed is the same if anything he's getting slower. The only thing that helps him is his timing.

JMM doesn't hit harder.
          He clocked Pac flush and didn't bruise him as much, nor did he stun him.

The only difference is that he gained some muscle and is not as pudgy as before.
          I really don't see the effect of PED's.

Its not like he went up in weight, looked muscular, kept his speed, carried his power and started knocking guys that were 10 to 15 pounds heavier on fight night. (**** just described another fighter not saying any names)
          Excellent post.

Comment

Originally posted by DUnknown1 View Post
            Since when did JMM gain any speed?
            Last time checked his speed is the same if anything he's getting slower. The only thing that helps him is his timing.

JMM doesn't hit harder.
            He clocked Pac flush and didn't bruise him as much, nor did he stun him.

The only difference is that he gained some muscle and is not as pudgy as before.
            I really don't see the effect of PED's.

Its not like he went up in weight, looked muscular, kept his speed, carried his power and started knocking guys that were 10 to 15 pounds heavier on fight night. (**** just described another fighter not saying any names)
            http://www.theboxingobserver.com/fre...acquiao-fight/

"Marquez was notably agitated when speaking about the comments on a radio show last night. “I have never done this type of work before. That’s why my body has changed. I have been working very hard, specifically to get more strength. Angel is a professional and knows how much weight I am putting on. I am getting more speed and getting stronger at the same time.

marquez says right here that hes faster ! thats straight from the horses mouth ! now ask yourself this since when does a boxer at 40 get faster than when he was in his prime in his 20's ! how does marquez look more brolic at 40 than he did back in his 20's ! how did marquez make all kinds of gains and i mean all kinds so fast ! these are ligitamte answers that we will never get the answer too because marquez didnt agree to drug testing

Comment

I am suspicious of both of them.

Comment

Since 30 yrs old Pacs work rate has gone waaaaaaay down.

THe marg fight was the first one where you could see how much less Pac moves, and you could see his work rate start to decrease.

Now we saw Pac actually appear to gas in the final two rounds against Bradley. Even if you just look at Pac JMM I and compare it to Pac JMM 3, you can see how much his foot movement and work rate has declined.

JMM is a 39 year old light weight, who is looks more muscular, stronger, and faster than ever. JMM has not declined through his 30s as Pac has.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  I like you Ric, I really do but Im losing respect for you here.

Pacquaio gained his speed and power during prime years and is obviously diminishing. While Marquez at damn near 40 years old is getting bigger, faster and stronger.

And lastly, look who he's working with.
                  Could this be that he is retaining his speed and Pacquiao is losing his? So now Marquez looks faster that before vs Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Sun2 View Post
                    http://www.theboxingobserver.com/fre...acquiao-fight/

"Marquez was notably agitated when speaking about the comments on a radio show last night. “I have never done this type of work before. That’s why my body has changed. I have been working very hard, specifically to get more strength. Angel is a professional and knows how much weight I am putting on. I am getting more speed and getting stronger at the same time.

marquez says right here that hes faster ! thats straight from the horses mouth ! now ask yourself this since when does a boxer at 40 get faster than when he was in his prime in his 20's ! how does marquez look more brolic at 40 than he did back in his 20's ! how did marquez make all kinds of gains and i mean all kinds so fast ! these are ligitamte answers that we will never get the answer too because marquez didnt agree to drug testing

Do you take everything a boxer say literally.

Look at Ricky Hatton vs Pacquiao and his last fight. He said he felt great but after losing he was saying he overtrained.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Sun2 View Post
                      theres a huge difference in what manny did and what marquez is doing now ! it is grand cayon huge ! last time i checked marquez gained his new found speed and power at the age of 40 ! after he hired a trainer that was connected to doping !

i was watching some youtube footage of the brand new marquez and he was throwing punches that was almost as fast a gamboa , and broner ! and lets remember is he is 40 ! and i was watching 24/7 and marquez new power knocked off the speed bag !
                      Spin it any way you want, its still sounds like the same type of **** people were saying about Pacquiao. There was no proof Pacquiao was dirty and theres no proof Marquez is dirty but for some reason the same people who defended Pacquiao are accusing Marquez and they all look like hypocites whether they are bright enough to see it or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X