Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Mikey Garcia make an impression last night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    He did to me,I think he beats either fighter who was in the main event last night...I wanna see him step up in class tho,I think it will tell us more about the kid..
    I agree 100% with this. My thoughts exactly about him beating either Juanma or Salido.

And for what it's worth, people keep talking about how mediocre of an opponent Concepcion is and how Mikey took his time with him, but he handled Abe much better than the man who was in the main event last night.

Just some food for thought.

Comment

With Gamboa out the way Garcia will be the kingpin at 126 very soon

Comment

Mikey was okay nothing special. Just another fighter too big for his weight class like Rios. If Mikey is consider as a counter puncher but I didn't see any of it last night. Just a slow with a decent power that should be fighting at 130 or 135 fighter.

Comment

Decent performance, he needs better competition!

Comment

In the Azteca version of the fight, one of the commentators dissed him. He said something like "He's a good fighter but if he keeps fighting like this the only people who are gonna come see him is his mom and brother". Then he called him boring. It sounded a lot like JCC Sr, but I'm not sure.

I mean if you're own Mexican commentators are dissing you.

Comment

I liked watching him fight. Hes a thinker.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
                I liked watching him fight. Hes a thinker.
                You like watching him cause his your people. He's a thinker but not no gamboa, broner level. Mikey is slow, no head movement, predictable 1-2 punch, no combinations, doesn't throw to the body, footwork is bad.

Barbie Concepcion is journeybum who cares.

Comment

He showed he is a skilled and patient fighter. He needs to up his quality of opponents to see what he really is made of. I think he will be a dominant champion in the years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by BartBears View Post
                    Mikey is a very good fighter and he will prove it soon beating Salido comfortably.
                    Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                    I agree...........
                    Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                    I agree 100% with this.
                    I disagree with you guys. I think Mikey's a good fighter and a nice kid, but, if he fought Salido last night, he would've lost. I say "last night," because Orlando is 31, has been at it for sixteen years and fights in a very wearing style. His shelf-life is getting close to expiration, IMO. There's no telling what might happen if these two fought three or four fights from now; but if they fight each other next, I think "Siri" takes it. Should they cross paths in their next bout, I'll gladly take friendly bets from all three of you.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      In the Azteca version of the fight, one of the commentators dissed him. He said something like "He's a good fighter but if he keeps fighting like this the only people who are gonna come see him is his mom and brother". Then he called him boring. It sounded a lot like JCC Sr, but I'm not sure.

I mean if you're own Mexican commentators are dissing you.
                      yup chavez sr was ripping him a new a hole. mickey has fought nothing but bums and hasnt wowed me. that is what you are supposed to do when you fight bum after bum be impresive But he hey thats just me

Comment

Working...
                      X