Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two diverse "worlds" of boxing in my gym, which side to listen to?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing you will find in the fight game is that everyone is a genius and knows everything there is to know about boxing.

I have learned from learning from some top quality trainers in Mexico and the U.S that there are different schools of boxing and training methods.

None of them are wrong and all of them are right. If you find a trainer that teaches fundamentals FIRST, that IMO is the most important.

You should instill fundamentals in young fighters and then allow them to develop their own style. As a trainer you should hide weaknesses and work on what are your strengths.

If I was you I would feel lucky to have so many trainers and take something from each one of them. Do what feels more comfortable to you and the best thing about boxing is that you can get inside the ring and find what works in sparring.

THERE IS NO ONE RIGHT WAY TO BOX.

I found many differences in the Mexican way of teaching and the American way, both very good but different in the way they train and in the way they teach boxing.

I have taken some from each and try and humble myself to be able to learn everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
      One thing you will find in the fight game is that everyone is a genius and knows everything there is to know about boxing.

I have learned from learning from some top quality trainers in Mexico and the U.S that there are different schools of boxing and training methods.

None of them are wrong and all of them are right. If you find a trainer that teaches fundamentals FIRST, that IMO is the most important.

You should instill fundamentals in young fighters and then allow them to develop their own style. As a trainer you should hide weaknesses and work on what are your strengths.

If I was you I would feel lucky to have so many trainers and take something from each one of them. Do what feels more comfortable to you and the best thing about boxing is that you can get inside the ring and find what works in sparring.

THERE IS NO ONE RIGHT WAY TO BOX.

I found many differences in the Mexican way of teaching and the American way, both very good but different in the way they train and in the way they teach boxing.

I have taken some from each and try and humble myself to be able to learn everyday.
      yeah, fundamentals and basics are always important. i feel like i can twist my hips during shadow boxing more often, just that i need to apply that when i get in the ring.

Comment

Working...
      X