Collapse
No announcement yet.

"He (Mayweather) got pushed into this fight. He really didn't want it" - Mosley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "He (Mayweather) got pushed into this fight. He really didn't want it" - Mosley

"He (Mayweather) got pushed into this fight. He really didn't want it" -- Mosley
    January 31, 9:53 AM Filipino Sports Examiner Dennis "dSource" Guillermo

After signing on to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. on May 1st, 'Sugar' Shane Mosley didn't waste time to let the world know what he felt about his proposed bout.

In an interview with Elie Seckbach of Fanhouse.com recently, Mosley said,

"I'm ready to do it. I'm ready to go. I'm happy. It's May 1st, it's something that I've been wanting."

Mosley also believes that Mayweather never truly wanted the fight and was simply pressured into taking the Mosley challenge after his superfight against Manny Pacquiao did not materialize.

Mosley added,

"I believe this fight he got pushed into because the Pacquiao fight fell out, so he got pushed into this fight. He really didn't want it."

As much as I love the honesty coming from Mosley, he better watch his mouth for now because Floyd hasn't officially signed the contract yet. It wasn't too long ago that Mayweather "agreed" to fight Pacquiao, only to demand extra stipulations that made the fight against Pacquiao almost impossible to make.

If the fight does indeed push through, I am happy for Mosley because he truly deserves a fight of this magnitude. I actually favor him to win against Floyd if he comes into the ring the way he did against Margarito last year.

Check out the interview below:

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-1...ant-it--Mosley

Molsey has started dissin floyd already mosley is gunna get punished on May 1st

Comment

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
      Molsey has started dissin floyd already mosley is gunna get punished on May 1st
      Punished? Who has Mayweather ever punished who wasn't, as Floyd puts it, "a C-level, club fighter"? If you mean shoulder roll and connect with 10 punches a round while staying on the outside of the ring, then yeah, Mayweather will punish Mosley.

I think it's going to be a good fight contrary to my above post, but even if FM wins, he's not going punish anybody. He might frustrate Mosley but that's about all.

Comment

What up Lady? We were talkin about this yesterday. I cant wait to hear what this writer has to say after the fight. I mean you can hate on the guy all you want and you can blame either guy for the Pac fight not happening but the fact is that if Pac says yes to 14 days then Floyd had to fight him and he left Pac and went straight to Shane. People cant deny that no matter how hard they try. Stop trying to act like he is scared when he clearly isnt. Also notice how he says he picks Mosley "if" he comes in like he did against Tony. That means that if Floyd does win then he will try to act like it wasnt the same Mosley. Either way, I cant wait to hear him & Scoop's mouth after this

Comment

Originally posted by Curry Storm View Post
          Punished? Who has Mayweather ever punished who wasn't, as Floyd puts it, "a C-level, club fighter"? If you mean shoulder roll and connect with 10 punches a round while staying on the outside of the ring, then yeah, Mayweather will punish Mosley.

I think it's going to be a good fight contrary to my above post, but even if FM wins, he's not going punish anybody. He might frustrate Mosley but that's about all.
          Punish as in win the fight lol, cos mosley already saying hes gunna win. I see the first 3 rounds being great, shane will try to pressure floyd, eventuslly i think shane will realise that he cant connect with any shots and I believe that he will get sloppy and throw wild punches. I have floyd winning by UD

Comment

Got pushed into fighting = Fighting.

Choose to fight = Fighting.

Another pointless point, brought to you by Examiner and their dumb followers.

Comment

I find that difficult to believe. When has Floyd ever been known to do anything he doesn't want to do?

Comment

i 100% agree with the article. the public shoved this fight in floyds throat. he will find a way out.

he doesnt have the will to fight mosley hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Foodie Too View Post
                  "He (Mayweather) got pushed into this fight. He really didn't want it" -- Mosley

After signing on to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. on May 1st, 'Sugar' Shane Mosley didn't waste time to let the world know what he felt about his proposed bout.

"I'm ready to do it. I'm ready to go. I'm happy. It's May 1st, it's something that I've been wanting."

Mosley also believes that Mayweather never truly wanted the fight and was simply pressured into taking the Mosley challenge after his superfight against Manny Pacquiao did not materialize.

Mosley added,

"I believe this fight he got pushed into because the Pacquiao fight fell out, so he got pushed into this fight. He really didn't want it."

As much as I love the honesty coming from Mosley, he better watch his mouth for now because Floyd hasn't officially signed the contract yet. It wasn't too long ago that Mayweather "agreed" to fight Pacquiao, only to demand extra stipulations that made the fight against Pacquiao almost impossible to make.

If the fight does indeed push through, I am happy for Mosley because he truly deserves a fight of this magnitude. I actually favor him to win against Floyd if he comes into the ring the way he did against Margarito last year.

Check out the interview below:

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-1...ant-it--Mosley
                  of course he didn't want it.....

he was trying to get a fight that was said to be the biggest fight in boxing history!

// THREAD

Comment

[QUOTE=Foodie Too;7392511]"He (Mayweather) got pushed into this fight. He really didn't want it" -- Mosley

Mosley added,

QUOTE]

First Floyd is known as a fighter who PICKS AND CHOOSES ANYONE HE WANTS TO FIGHT and the *******s made a huge issue out of this, then Floyd fights a fighter that No one can doubt or hate on and Floyd is no longer in charge of his own destiny and "he is being forced to fight Shane". Floyd still choses who he wants to fight and he did ..simple and plain with no hate.

Comment

Working...
                    X