No announcement yet.

You've gotta give props to Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You've gotta give props to Fury

I don't think I've ever witnessed a boxer grow and develop so much. Nearly all of his fights are fun or in some way different. He gets knocked down but every-time it happens it's like it fires him up and he comes storming back.There were some things that kind of jaded my opinion on him but even in those aspects he's managed to fix himself.

I respect the hell out of Wlad but I think Fury has really earned his place. I think boxing could do a hell of a lot worse than Fury. Some boxers are born but for others it's a growing journey. The interesting thing about Fury is that casuals who started watching him have been learning about boxing by watching him grow as a fighter.

Even when I didn't like him I still watched his fights because they're a hell of a lot of fun. It's because of Fury I know Hughie is going to be one to watch too, when before Fury I might have dismissed him for some of his flaws. I also have a feeling that Hughie and Tyson would fight each other if it came down to it, and they'd probably have a blast doing it.
    Last edited by croz; 11-27-2015, 03:02 PM.

Originally posted by croz View Post
    I don't think I've ever witnessed a boxer grow and develop so much. Nearly all of his fights are fun or in some way different. He gets knocked down but every-time it happens it's like it fires him up and he comes storming back.There were some things that kind of jaded my opinion on him but even in those aspects he's managed to fix himself.

I respect the hell out of Wlad but I think Fury has really earned his place. I think boxing could do a hell of a lot worse than Fury. Some boxers are born but for others it's a growing journey. The interesting thing about Fury is that casuals who started watching him have been learning about boxing by watching him grow as a fighter.

Even when I didn't like him I still watched his fights because they're a hell of a lot of fun.
    Great post! Fury is a fans fighter, a people's champ, must see entertainment. He is a modern day Ali, and he is about to take the world by storm.

years from now, we will place Fury in the same Mt Rushmore as Iron Mike, Ali, Marciano, and DLH, as fighters who changed the sport and transcended it, and became instant legends, regardless of titles.

Fury is what we love about boxing, and why we love boxing.

WAR FURY!!!!

Comment

When I first saw Fury I really thought he was a bumbling idiot, that would at most do well domestically. He's come a hell of a long way and taken his skill level up with him.

Comment

The guy is just sheer entertainment. It's become impossible for me not to root for him.

At first I thought he was just a big goofy idiot savant guy but over time he's shown that he's actually much more intelligent than he looks.

I wasn't a huge fan of his in-ring skills. I mean he looked terrible when he first turned pro. Shaped like a bowling pin and fought like some kind of ******ed octopus.

He definitely has improved a lot and Peter Fury deserves credit for that.

Probably won't be enough to beat Wlad tomorrow night but would love it if he pulls it off.

Comment

He aight ...

Comment

Tyson Fury is by far and away the most entertaining & charismatic man in boxing.

Comment

He is a good threat to win the title. He is not my favorite guy to be champion. He is a weirdo. He never stops talking and worse yet, he sings. He is a religious fanatic. If he lived in the past he would be stoning people to death and burning witches. I know this has nothing to do with boxing and if he wins the title and is as good a champion as Wlad is then more power to him. He seems like the best heavyweight Wlad could possibly fight. He is much more proven than Wilder and he has a good record with no draws or losses and wins over good heavyweights.

Comment

TYSON FURY DA GOD!!!!!

Klitschko's reign is ending tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  The guy is just sheer entertainment. It's become impossible for me not to root for him.

At first I thought he was just a big goofy idiot savant guy but over time he's shown that he's actually much more intelligent than he looks.

I wasn't a huge fan of his in-ring skills. I mean he looked terrible when he first turned pro. Shaped like a bowling pin and fought like some kind of ******ed octopus.

He definitely has improved a lot and Peter Fury deserves credit for that.

Probably won't be enough to beat Wlad tomorrow night but would love it if he pulls it off.
                  That sounds hilarious must youtube those fights now.

Comment

Ill save my props until after the fight. we all remember how the build up to david haye was - talk talk talk, "charismatic" trash talk, playback of his highlight reel KO's of lesser opponents. fight night - Haye runs for 12 rounds, looses almost every round, blames loss on his little toe at the end of the fight.

We'll see if Fury is any different when he feels Wlads full power in the ring on that shaky chin that is crackable by cruiserweights. My guess is he was never hit full power when he sparred Wlad and is over confident.

Comment

Working...
                    X