No announcement yet.

Can some explain this to me? Haymon/Dibella/Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can some explain this to me? Haymon/Dibella/Spence

Ok so spence just fought peterson. Neither of them are promoted by dibella and both are advised by haymon. Dibella put on the show. No promoter i know would sign a 1 fight deal. Errol was paid $1.5 mill-$3.5 mill depending on who u ask and know. Can someone explain to me how this works?

Promoter gets paid a flat fee and also gets whatever they bring in, ie. sponsorships, etc.

Basically, they’ve been compartmentalized.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Promoter gets paid a flat fee and also gets whatever they bring in, ie. sponsorships, etc.

Basically, they’ve been compartmentalized.
      a flat fee from whom? thx by the way. it just seems weird to me that the main event was two fighters not promoted by the promoter.

Comment

PBC is a televised boxing series. So, like any other TV series, everyone has a role and is paid a fee for it. The producer has a role and is paid for it, the promoter has a role and is paid for it, the boxers (ie. the actors) are paid for their role, etc.

It's a normal business model that's been used pretty much in every other sector but boxing. And it stops promoters from dipping their hand in every part of the pot and ****ing the boxer eight different ways.

Comment

Originally posted by suffolkbull3 View Post
          Ok so spence just fought peterson. Neither of them are promoted by dibella and both are advised by haymon. Dibella put on the show. No promoter i know would sign a 1 fight deal.
          Plenty of promoters just have a guy for 1 fight. The entire club show industry works off of 1 fight deals.

And the thing with Haymon's guys & these random promoters Haymon works with is they have access to a nice roster of guys, but no they don't get to sign them to long term deal...or usually anyway. I think a couple guys have done deals with DiBella & other "PBC" promoters & lately some guys have been signing with non-PBC promoters.

Errol was paid $1.5 mill-$3.5 mill depending on who u ask and know. Can someone explain to me how this works?
          Standard situation with Showtime paying rights fees & the fighter getting the lions share of that. Haymon gets his cut from the fighters piece & the promoter gets a fee.

The harder part to grasp is how is Showtime paying $3M-$3.5M in rights fees, those being the ballpark figures that I recall Spence being given for that fight. Or how is Haymon giving him a lil extra money on top of w/e Showtime is paying cuz honestly I have trouble believing Showtime can pay $3M+ for just one side of a fight (not sure how much Lamont got, but I'd assume $500k+ minimum)?

So its a standard situation as HBO or anyone else does, but yea on the high end of that ($3M+) is Showtime realllllllly paying THAT much or is Haymon adding something from the rest of that Waddall money to entice guys. Or what else is going on there to get Spence THAT paid? Who mfing knows????

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Plenty of promoters just have a guy for 1 fight. The entire club show industry works off of 1 fight deals.

And the thing with Haymon's guys & these random promoters Haymon works with is they have access to a nice roster of guys, but no they don't get to sign them to long term deal...or usually anyway. I think a couple guys have done deals with DiBella & other "PBC" promoters & lately some guys have been signing with non-PBC promoters.

Standard situation with Showtime paying rights fees & the fighter getting the lions share of that. Haymon gets his cut from the fighters piece & the promoter gets a fee.

The harder part to grasp is how is Showtime paying $3M-$3.5M in rights fees, those being the ballpark figures that I recall Spence being given for that fight. Or how is Haymon giving him a lil extra money on top of w/e Showtime is paying cuz honestly I have trouble believing Showtime can pay $3M+ for just one side of a fight (not sure how much Lamont got, but I'd assume $500k+ minimum)?

So its a standard situation as HBO or anyone else does, but yea on the high end of that ($3M+) is Showtime realllllllly paying THAT much or is Haymon adding something from the rest of that Waddall money to entice guys. Or what else is going on there to get Spence THAT paid? Who mfing knows????
            Spence got $1.2m, I believe.

Comment

thanks for the info fellas. Always wanted to know how it worked behind the scenes

Comment

PBC is a televised boxing series. So, like any other TV series, everyone has a role and is paid a fee for it. The producer has a role and is paid for it, the promoter has a role and is paid for it, the boxers (ie. the actors) are paid for their role, etc.

It's a normal business model that's been used pretty much in every other sector but boxing. And it stops promoters from dipping their hand in every part of the pot and ****ing the boxer eight different ways.
                Yea this.

The only questionable part is how is Spence getting THAT much. Is DiBella getting shorted that much. Haymon FOR SURE takes less than the average manager so thats a cut thats staying with a fighter, but thats coming from the purse anyway so idk that that matters. Is the hot dog money coming to Haymon & Haymon passes on some of that to the fighter? Again who f#cking knows whats up here exactly.

Only Bob & Oscar might know since they got to see all those PBC documents.

Comment

Spence got $1.2m, I believe.
                  I thought I read he got $3M-ish.

I gotta go dig that up now. If you're right than yea nothing is odd here at all.

Edit:

Yea Fat Dan said he got $3.5M
                  “I am told Haymon has promised him like $3.5M for his next fight, which is a lot of money for him to turn down and nowhere near what anyone else was offering him for a fight,” said Rafael
                  http://www.************.com/2017/10/...5m-next-fight/

F#ck BS with their blocking links.

Thats Boxing News 24 thats blocked out for anyone who wants to look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

hahha i was also wondering how he got paid that much. ive been following boxing for a long time and the money these guys are making today is insane. im happy for them but how they are making that much is mindboggling.

Comment

Working...
                    X