No announcement yet.

Thurman stripped of belt. Pac/Mattysse now for super WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    I like Thurman but he changed, wtf happened to this dude he used to go out there saying I aint like those dudes holding that 0, I dont care about my 0, and one time this and that, then he started boxing cautious and going to decisions rather than going for the KO and then started saying we need to fight a tune up and this and that.

Right now I say the top Welterweights are Crawford, Spence
    This exactly

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      He beat Porter and Garcia. I think that should count for something. Of course he's an elite fighter.
      Beating Porter and Garcia does not make you elite. Hell it isnt like he dominated them. Thurman’s not elite. He’s by no means a bum, but he’s decent at best

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Me either. I could kinda understand it when he was KO'ing bums. But once he stepped up a notch above he seemed ok, nothing special. And everything he throws is so wide
        All straight facts

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
          Beating Porter and Garcia does not make you elite. Hell it isnt like he dominated them. Thurman’s not elite. He’s by no means a bum, but he’s decent at best
          I guess you have a very narrow definition of elite then. Most people had Thurman top 10 p4p when he was unified champ.

Comment

Matthysse beat a guy boxrec ranked 100th to win the title. He should not be a world champion for that win.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
              I guess you have a very narrow definition of elite then. Most people had Thurman top 10 p4p when he was unified champ.
              Elite is a very narrow category my man. Not many fighters get to reach that Title. Thurman’s no push over but I never had him P4p and actually been on record saying it was ridiculous that he ever received that honor

Comment

Might be a blessing, he comes back and get big fights vs the Winner of Pacquiao vs Matthysse or Danny Garcia vs Shaw Porter whenever he wants

If he signs with DAZN which has been rumored, then good luck to him maybe he gets a Amir Khan and/or Kell Brook fight

Just hope he gets back to 100% and get active again, having Thurman back makes the Division EVEN BETTER IMO!

Comment

Just a little manuevering so that Crawford will become unified champ by beating Horn, Pac or Matthysse. Relatively an easy path, so when its time to negotiate w/ Haymon for the other fight (spence or thurman) He will be in a better position, with more leverage and a unified champ.

Comment

Personally I think this is BS. Thurman has been hurt. Give the dude some time.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      Matthysse beat a guy boxrec ranked 100th to win the title. He should not be a world champion for that win.
                      He wasn't ranked 100th by the WBA and that's what counts.

Comment

Working...
                      X