Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious Question: Has Floyds jaw ever been tested by any of his 42 opponents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
    I'm been serious,
    I can't remember Floyd ever getting hit hard enough
    to test his jaw if is glass or not...
    I know it has to do with his speed, like him or not
    can't deny he is too fast to get a clean shot of.
    I know Mosley stun him when they fought but
    can't tell from one shot if the jaw is weak...
    Can Floyd absorb a hard shot to the jaw?
    I watch alot of Floyd fight but anyway he has been clocked on the chin by all of the following foes. These are guys who have power and a couple of knockouts. Some dont have one punch ko power but the problem I think is once Floyd gets hit with that one punch he doesnt give an opening again for that same shot. The guys cant adjust to another gameplan and he jabs them moves, hooks them move, works there hands with a jab to the body and a straight right upstairs and before you know it, Its a sparring session.

N'DOU
    JUDAH
    HATTON
    MOSLEY
    CASTILLIO

Comment

The reason I asked was because I wonder if he could survive a
      Sergio Martinez-Paul Williams shot
      or
      Pacquiao-Hatton shot[/QUOTE]

Question: do you believe he
      can he survive any of those two punches
      listed above?

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post

im sure elerbe tested his chin but thats a diffrent story !!!!!
        lol some people are are not serious....

Comment

The question really is dumb. If you know anything about boxing & being at the top of your game its the art of hitting and being hit. Most boxers think they should slug it out & after 10 or do fights you can see their decline. Floyd is a master at defense so getting his chin checked isn' t part of the .plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
            After surviving those 2 Mosley bombs, it is confirmed his chin is not glass.

For Real

Hes taken some big fkin punches

And mosley is 1 hell of a name to say you could take a flush punch off...

Yeah it hurt him, but how he stayed on his feet, i hav no idea

Comment

Floyd was doing Zab's chicken dance against Mosley, only difference is that he barely stayed on his feet and recovered

Comment

His chins been tested...and its passed with flying colors every time. He is a truly complete fighter

Comment

The reason I asked was because I wonder if he could survive a
                  Sergio Martinez-Paul Williams shot
                  or
                  Pacquiao-Hatton shot
                  Question: do you believe he
                  can he survive any of those two punches
                  listed above?[/QUOTE]

who is to say that those punches were super special or that Floyd hasnt been hit like that? I mean you could argue that the Corley or Mosley shot couldve dropped Williams & Hatton the same way or you could argue that if those shots wouldve landed on Floyd then he doesnt get hurt at all hardly and no one is even looking at those shots any different than any other shot over the course of a fight.

Its all subjective so you can only go on what you know. Im sure that Pac & Sergio have landed those types of shots other times that didnt stop guys. Any body can be KO if they get hit in the right spot at the right time. You could argue that the Hatton shot and others were more on the fighters then there chin. Hatton had his hands down and got hit flush. Nate Campbell has a good chin also but when he sat there and just let Peden hit him then he got KO. Thats basically what Hatton did but it wasnt on purpose

Comment

I'm been serious,
                    I can't remember Floyd ever getting hit hard enough
                    to test his jaw if is glass or not...
                    I know it has to do with his speed, like him or not
                    can't deny he is too fast to get a clean shot of.
                    I know Mosley stun him when they fought but
                    can't tell from one shot if the jaw is weak...
                    Can Floyd absorb a hard shot to the jaw?
                    Never mind 1 punch expectations like Mosley's, Emanuel Augustus really punched him more than he'd ever been punched. If he'd had a punch Mayweather would certainly have been stopped. A long forgotten great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post

who is to say that those punches were super special or that Floyd hasnt been hit like that? I mean you could argue that the Corley or Mosley shot couldve dropped Williams & Hatton the same way or you could argue that if those shots wouldve landed on Floyd then he doesnt get hurt at all hardly and no one is even looking at those shots any different than any other shot over the course of a fight.

Its all subjective so you can only go on what you know. Im sure that Pac & Sergio have landed those types of shots other times that didnt stop guys. Any body can be KO if they get hit in the right spot at the right time. You could argue that the Hatton shot and others were more on the fighters then there chin. Hatton had his hands down and got hit flush. Nate Campbell has a good chin also but when he sat there and just let Peden hit him then he got KO. Thats basically what Hatton did but it wasnt on purpose
                      Winky also did what Campbell did but to a way more powerful puncher in Shane Mosley, but Winky took the shot well, but you can tell he felt stupid afterward because it did stun him. Mayorga also did it to Trinidad. Campbell just failed terribly. Hatton is way different cause he didn't even see it coming, unlike the three fighters above who knew they were gonna get hit cause they invited the punch themselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X