Collapse
No announcement yet.

Punching Bag Video

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can tell your stamina isnt the greatest, but u got skills.
    I like you right uppercut, try throwing 5 to 6 punch combos.

Comment

heh my stamina is decent heh. i actually recorded a hard 4 minute round b4 that one and decided i just wanted to stay with a closer angle and pick my shots more. and i was throw fast power shots in the first vid too and moving around the bag for more angles. also the reason why i decided to just mess around on the bag was cuz im actually pretty sore from conditioning from yesterday lol. right uppercut is one of my favorites but cant really throw it the best on a heavy bag for obvious reasons. the other of my favorite combos is the jab right body hook and slip over to the right and throw an uppercut tyson style. none the less my stamina isnt there yet. thanks for the comment

Comment

That's a good vid pal !

Your punch's / combo's look tight for somebody who hasnt had any practice !

**** the traffic, get down to one of those gyms !

Keep it up man !

Comment

For somebody with little to no training you're looking good. You got good form and throw your punches correctly.

It looks like you're training in a garage so it might no be possible but if you can try to make some space when you hit the bag. So that way you can move around the bag and change distance.

Like everybody else i'll tell you that you should join a gym if you want to get better but there is nothing wrong with training at home to stay in shape either. If you prefer the latter, well keep it up.

Comment

That didnt actually look too bad for someone who has just picked up what he's seen and never really trained. Might wanna get down to a boxing club man, you might have some decent potential.

You look like a natural , I mean you made a few of the usual beginner mistakes, but you look naturally fluid and not awkward and clumsy like many who don't box do. Honestly get down to a gym.

Comment

Run more other then that find some one you can spar once a week. F**k gyms you seem like an intelegent person that knows how to exercise why pay money to have some guy tell you how he thinks you should exercise just so you can get 10- 20 mins of actual boxing practice with 3 mins of actual advice. just keep video taping your self and think of way that you can improve.

moving around the bag more is a good option also i noticed that after a combo you droped you hands as you back away from the bag might not be the best thing to do you could also increase the number of hits in your combos.

but thats all in the future right now what your doing is fine id just reccomend running more and sparring more while you keep up with your regular stuff

Comment

you have good hand coordination and your left hook is good,but you can see you are a beginner,you use the same combos all the time,an opponent would see that and counter you,also you have to move around the bag a little better you are basically flat footed an easy target for an over hand right,and you lack stamina.in saying this good luck on your training and i hope i have been of help

Comment

cant believe no one said anything about you being square and loading up your left hook other that you look good.

Comment

Originally posted by MKultra View Post
                    cant believe no one said anything about you being square and loading up your left hook other that you look good.
                    if you want to be square you are an easy target,you have to be loose and limber,and if someone ever loads up a left hook with me i would counter with a right to the jaw before his hook is even in range

Comment

Originally posted by Ylem View Post
                      Run more other then that find some one you can spar once a week. F**k gyms you seem like an intelegent person that knows how to exercise why pay money to have some guy tell you how he thinks you should exercise just so you can get 10- 20 mins of actual boxing practice with 3 mins of actual advice. just keep video taping your self and think of way that you can improve.
                      I disagree. In my post above I said that the sport of boxing requires:

Originally posted by fraidycat
                      balls, commitment, discipline, coolness under fire, split-second strategy, physical and emotional toughness, good sportsmanship, and a healthy dose of insanity.
                      You get all of that at a gym. (Especially the insanity, ha-ha.) Going to a gym, making friends -- and foes -- of other boxers, sparring lots of different people, working pads and calisthenics with lots of different people, working with different coaches and different gyms, gritting your teeth in traffic and hating your life on the way to the gym -- even sitting around your living room with guys you train with, watching fights on PPV. . . all of that, is part of the sport.

Punching a bag in a garage and sparring with a buddy in your backyard and then calling yourself a boxer is like buying a treadmill and calling yourself a marathon runner.

Join a gym. Get your passbook. Train. Learn. Belong. Compete. Bleed. Earn the respect of other boxers. Then, you're a boxer.

Comment

Working...
                      X