MGS V gets a 10/10 from IGN and Gamespot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man, i love it when people fuck with the models

Comment

Finally got around to finishing the game yeah their is something suspect about all these 10 scores the gameplay is excellent the story is borderline ******ed but the worst thing is how repetitive the game is you literally doing the same side ops over and over and have to replay missions in order to progress

I will rank it higher than MGS4 but lower than MGS3

8/10

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
        man, i love it when people fuck with the models

Lmao how did I never see this

Comment

This game gets repetitive fast, i play an hour and feel like i've been playing for 2 or 3.
          It's also a huge pain to do simple things, i spent like 20 mins trying to do the shoot the target side op. The loading times also suck badly.

It's a cool game but lots of things need polish it feels rushed, and for an open world game there's barely anything to do, i was expecting to lose myself and do some dumb **** like in Saints Row.

Comment

has flaws, but is so incredible it gets a 10/10 rating regardless

GOTY

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley_ View Post
              has flaws, but is so incredible it gets a 10/10 rating regardless

GOTY
              Don't know how anyone can say that after chapter2 and that ending Kojima just can't help it he has to ruin the game for Those who wanted to be the legendary big boss

This is going to be like MGS2 loved by critics and loathed by the fans

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                Don't know how anyone can say that after chapter2 and that ending Kojima just can't help it he has to ruin the game for Those who wanted to be the legendary big boss

This is going to be like MGS2 loved by critics and loathed by the fans
                MGS2 is still loved by the majority of fans, even though it turned into a bit of a cluster ****. There are still plenty of cool moments and cool characters in that game. You can't beat MGS1 though, it's always going to be tough to come out with a second game after how good MGS1 was.

I think the story was really disappointing, the world felt very empty, no real events in the open world. That being said, it looked excellent and on the PC, it is probably one of the best optimised games I have EVER played. Consistently high fps and excellent physics compared with Witcher 3 (which is my GOTY). They got the shooting on point as well, i've been a diehard FPS fan for at least a decade now (mainly CS and CoD) and it always frustrated me with how poor every other game was when it came to shooting and physics but MGS5 has it on point. Beautiful registration when you aim at the head, it lands and the characters react perfectly.

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                Finally got around to finishing the game yeah their is something suspect about all these 10 scores the gameplay is excellent the story is borderline ******ed but the worst thing is how repetitive the game is you literally doing the same side ops over and over and have to replay missions in order to progress

I will rank it higher than MGS4 but lower than MGS3

8/10
                I completed the game without replaying any missions. MGS4 had some cool moments, this game barely had any epic moments outside of the opening sequence and the end. Maybe the [SPOILER] bit where you go and have to stop the infection on motherbase [SPOILER]

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
                This game gets repetitive fast, i play an hour and feel like i've been playing for 2 or 3.
                It's also a huge pain to do simple things, i spent like 20 mins trying to do the shoot the target side op. The loading times also suck badly.

It's a cool game but lots of things need polish it feels rushed, and for an open world game there's barely anything to do, i was expecting to lose myself and do some dumb **** like in Saints Row.
                Polish? Wouldn't say so. It just feels like it is an incomplete game in terms of STORY. The world feels pretty dead. MGS for me feels as though it's at its best when its linear. Never felt as though it was a open world kinda game, never really had to be and to a certain point I didn't want it to be because the story isn't usually as strong in open world games. Linear games are all about story and MGS excels in that regard. I do feel as though MGS can still operate as an open world game but only if they actually make the world feel alive, active and spontaneous with random world events happening every now and again.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post

I completed the game without replaying any missions. MGS4 had some cool moments, this game barely had any epic moments outside of the opening sequence and the end. Maybe the [SPOILER] bit where you go and have to stop the infection on motherbase [SPOILER]
                  You kind of have to replay repeats to unlock missions 43 45 and 46 unless missions appear after number of gameplay hours? Almost every mission after 35 is a repeat I didn't mind the Total Stealth but the extreme skulls replays were annoying specially for me because I only upgraded my stealth weapons I didn't have the battle armour or any grenade or rocket launcher upgraded.

As for the memorable moments I agree there wasn't a lot except the mission where you had to kill your own men after the outbreak, it was amazing even though I lost half of my S+ soldiers

Comment

Originally posted by phenom View Post
                    you kind of have to replay repeats to unlock missions 43 45 and 46 unless missions appear after number of gameplay hours? Almost every mission after 35 is a repeat i didn't mind the total stealth but the extreme skulls replays were annoying specially for me because i only upgraded my stealth weapons i didn't have the battle armour or any grenade or rocket launcher upgraded.

As for the memorable moments i agree there wasn't a lot except the mission where you had to kill your own men after the outbreak, it was amazing even though i lost half of my s+ soldiers

staff member has died

staff member has died

staff member has died

staff member has died

Comment

Working...
                    X