Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Fernando Vargas vs Prime Canelo at JMW who wins.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vargas might have beaten Tito if it wasn't for the old Puerto Rican Nutcracker Special.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
      Canelo UD or Late TKO ,Varagas had discipline but in deep waters he crambled and that fight would be brutal and canelo would show cool head.

Fero is good fight for Canelo
      crambled? You can't question Vargas' heart. He had heart, but the only downside is that at age 21 he already has to fight a Felix Trinidad. He had the skills of an HOF but at age 21 he was still mentally a prospect, not yet having to develop the mental toughness of a Prime fighter. Trinidad had his way on his ass in the first 3 rounds scoring knockdowns but with his heart he fought his way in before finally succumbing to the prime. That's not succumbing to deep wayters, that's just taking the L because at that point it was too much. I would imagine it would be a lot different had Dela Hoya or Trinidad fought a much more refined fighter if Vargas was 25/

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        crambled? You can't question Vargas' heart. He had heart, but the only downside is that at age 21 he already has to fight a Felix Trinidad. He had the skills of an HOF but at age 21 he was still mentally a prospect, not yet having to develop the mental toughness of a Prime fighter. Trinidad had his way on his ass in the first 3 rounds scoring knockdowns but with his heart he fought his way in before finally succumbing to the prime. That's not succumbing to deep wayters, that's just taking the L because at that point it was too much. I would imagine it would be a lot different had Dela Hoya or Trinidad fought a much more refined fighter if Vargas was 25/
        He failed to keep compouser through hard fights,he had tons of heart no daubt

Comment

I think that's a great close fight between two great fighters. I vote for Canelo because I think he is a slightly better, smarter and more complete boxer with a better chin.The fight would be too close for me to bet money on and it's near a 50/50 fight in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post
            Whoever says Canelo doesn't know shyt about boxing or analyzing tape, Vargas was the far superior fighter boxing or brawling, Canelo could barely separate himself from the trout's of the world
            So you are saying the majority who picked Canelo are wrong because they disagree with you and no other opinion but yours could possibly be correct. That is a narrow minded, conceited and arrogant statement. Give others a right to a different opinion than yours without saying they don't know shyt about boxing. It's a fantasy fight with no proven winner and no right or wrong answer.

Comment

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post
              A 175-180 pound Canelo got straight bullied by 150 soaking wet Floyd, and was getting his ears boxed off by a c class fighter in Khan, how does he stop Vargas from coming forward, or out boxing him Vargas chooses, not to mention off punch activity Vargas would be all wrong for Canelo pretty potshotting conservative style
              Canelo never weighed close to 180 pounds when he fought Mayweather or any other time either. That would be a weight gain of 28 pounds in 30 hours and that is physically impossible. If it were possible for Canelo to weigh 180 on fight night he would be bloated and look as if he swallowed a watermelon whole. It would harm him, not help him. You seem to have such a strong dislike for Canelo that you are making stuff up. There is no record of Canelo ever weighing more than 172 on fight night.

Comment

Im impressed with the general level of analysis on this thread for both guys.

Vargas has always been a gilded lilly, and the question for me has been is that by necessity? in other words, Vargas came into the ring a brawler with decent instincts and decent power. They really were deliberate in trying to get him to develop as a boxer who could punch, but he aways went back to what made him who he was when the shiat hit the fan. No one can question his heart but every man has a point and Nando seemed to tempt fate in that respect. it caught up with him regarding oscar and Tito.

The thing about Canelo is that as a puncher he is good enough to, slow feet and all, beat a guy like Trout and Hamed, both of whom are mobile guys.

It all comes down to if one believes the ferocious heart of the Aztec warrior would punch through Canelo's manipulations, or whether Canelo's polish would allow him to trp and catch the ferocious one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  Vargas might have beaten Tito if it wasn't for the old Puerto Rican Nutcracker Special.
                  Vargas fought every bit as dirty as Trinidad did. Vargas landed low blows himself and pulled Trinidad's right arm while he landed his own vicious left hook. That's a foul known as holding and hitting and Vargas did that all fight. Vargas was good but Trinidad was better and would have won every time.

Comment

El Feroz in 10

Comment

Canelo making a strong comeback in the poll. WTF

Comment

Working...
                      X