Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence: The Garcia-Porter Winner Will Have to Fight Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin.84 View Post
    Wait, so Spence can’t punch up close but he’s famous for his body attack... which come from fighting up close, the inside. And Spence has a pretty good upper cut.
    Porter loses this one for sure. Spence will dictate the pace with his jab. Porter will not be able to muscle around Spence as he’s too big and strong for that. I see this being a pretty one sided fight. Porter rushing in will be the reason he gets put on his butt against Spence.
    Look, smart money bets on wins vs losses. Me, I bet on who I love, based on my experience throwing the leather. I think Porter will beat Spence, mainly because I like Porter more than Spence, not because I really think logically one will beat another. That said, Porter's fighting spirit beats Spence, and to add to that, Porter has a bout it pops in his corner.

Comment

Spence is overrated? What about Crawford, his best win is Postol and that makes people think he can beat all 147 guys, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
        Look, smart money bets on wins vs losses. Me, I bet on who I love, based on my experience throwing the leather. I think Porter will beat Spence, mainly because I like Porter more than Spence, not because I really think logically one will beat another. That said, Porter's fighting spirit beats Spence, and to add to that, Porter has a bout it pops in his corner.
        Porter might not even get to Spence bruh..Garcia might beat his ass n then what? i get wat you are saying about porter fighting style n its one of the reason i want to c the fight but please believe Errol Spence is the truth bruh n i respectfully disagree with you on this one especially about fighting spirit. Spence is like a freight truck n its gonna take more than fighting spirit to stop him

Comment

these guys will do whatever in their power to not make that happen

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
            nothing wrong with cleaning out thurman porter garcia before fighting crawford. we talk about fights that need to marinate in boxing thats one of them its only a matter time before thurman or spence come out as the winner of the haymon side of the street and fight crawford. besides who has crawford even fought at 147? all his big wins are 140 or below if im not mistaken. plus lets not get carried away one fighter who is obviously not scared of any fight is spence the guy took the brook fight in the uk after brook did well against ggg before his face broke. Hes been trying to fight Thurman like crazy he wants porter and Garcia.

Its obvious he aint gonna waste his time talking about Crawford when the fight cant even happen at the moment i dont blame him
            This ^^^ us absolutely correct even Spence has come out and said it himself.
            Spence wants to take care of his side of things first all the Haymon fighters then he wil turn his focus on whoever wins out of the Top rank boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_Guy View Post
              When Crawford stops Horn, will Spence want him then? Or will he seek out Porter/Garcia, who would both lose to Crawford?
              He will go after the Porter/Garcia fight.
              Whoever wins this fight wont have any excuse not to fight Spence esp. if Thurman is still injured or only fighting a tune-up.
              Spence has been after either one of these guys for a while but Thurman was the main reason i think these guys didnt fight Spence. (More money,more belts).
              Now that Thurman is still out whoever wins surely will have to fight The Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by sore_back View Post
                I doubt he'll get the winner. I'm not even convinced he'll get the *loser* after that fight...
                Why do you say that?
                Whoever wins becomes Spences mando.
                Thats what i thought??

Comment

Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post
                  Spence severely overrated. Tired of everyone giving this guy the new boogeyman aura. Guy was in a even fight with Brook till the 2nd half where the weight cut and the eye started ****ing up.

He beat Lamont a bum.

Porter, Garcia it’s a 50/50 and Thurman beats him if he is 100%. His biggest strength is him being a weight bully and beating on smaller men than him
                  Originally posted by davef View Post
                  im a fan of Brook and I had that fight even until around the 5th and Spence done what he does best breaks people down sure the weight and eye were a factor but you can't make excuses you could say Brook if he was a level above should have knocked him out before that became an issue

I think Spence is the real deal and will come out on top vs garcia porter and thurman and crawford is a bit of an unknown what he can do at 147 but I expect him to be his biggest test if he takes to the weight class easy
                  Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
                  Crawfords first fight at 147, and you want Spence to be his second? Man Down!
                  Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  -Errol Spence Jr is set to fight in front of a sold out crowd of 15000, on a Dallas Cowboys facility, with the back of the Jones family.

-Spence wins this next fight, and he's basically set to fight either Shawn Porter (at AT&T Stadium) (likely on CBS), or Danny Garcia (at Barclays Center or T-Mobile Arena) (possibly for SHOPPV).

-he gets through that with a win, and he's set for a fight with Keith Thurman, to unify the WBC/WBA/IBF belts.

-Standing with the three belts that matter, event money backing him on at least three events, Spence Jr would be THE Man at 147lbs.

How would a split on a Spence-Crawford fight go then, with Spence's own company on the marquee
                  ... yes.................................

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                    Why do you say that?
                    Thats what i thought??
                    Not that I'm aware, I thought Spence's mando was Ocampo or whatever. Garcia / Porter is for the vacant WBC unless I've completely misunderstood.

My thinking was that since the winner gets the WBC, that gives them some leverage which they can use to get a fight with Thurman instead of Spence. And the loser (if it's Garcia particularly) might not fancy the fight with Spence anyway for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                      Why do you say that?
                      Thats what i thought??
                      Unification fights are almost never mandatory. The IBF will continue to throw softballs at Spence, that's just what the IBF does. If Spence can somehow make the fight happen the IBF will allow a mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                      X