Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder: Fury early 2020, ideally Joshua mid/late 2020.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deontay Wilder: Fury early 2020, ideally Joshua mid/late 2020.

So no AJ-Wilder for AT LEAST another 12 months.

Wilder may be fighting Ortiz II, Kownacki then Fury?

Fury may be fighting Schwarz, TBA, TBA, Wilder?

Leaves AJ with Ruiz Jr., Whyte II, Pulev (mandatory),
    and Charr (mandatory)?

Damn...

If Wilder and Fury are on the sideline, the fight I'm hoping for with AJ is against Usyk. Preferably he'd have two fights at HW beforehand, so ideally Pulev in November and then Usyk in April.

I can't see them calling Charr anytime soon.

Comment

Sounds like its Fury in June, Wilder & Fury around Sept. & then Wilder vs Fury II in early 2020. Then its the winner vs Joshua sometime in 2020. I think you added a extra fight in there.

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
        If Wilder and Fury are on the sideline, the fight I'm hoping for with AJ is against Usyk. Preferably he'd have two fights at HW beforehand, so ideally Pulev in November and then Usyk in April.

I can't see them calling Charr anytime soon.
        You're right, I forgot about Usyk! Whyte is the #1 with WBO but there's a weird unresolved situation where Usyk can leapfrog him to mandatory position. That's right. Realistically I think Usyk would be a terrible matchup stylistically for AJ.

Comment

Why has Fury's camp still not confirmed a single thing?

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
            You're right, I forgot about Usyk! Whyte is the #1 with WBO but there's a weird unresolved situation where Usyk can leapfrog him to mandatory position. That's right. Realistically I think Usyk would be a terrible matchup stylistically for AJ.
            I don’t see any scenario where Usyk beats Aj, Fury or Wilder.

Comment

I’m hoping AJ can fight Fury just to cut Wilders plan short.

Wilder has proved yet again he doesn’t want the fight until he’s more or less ready to retire

Comment

Originally posted by Armchairhero View Post
                I don’t see any scenario where Usyk beats Aj, Fury or Wilder.
                Usyk is a masterful Boxer, AT LEAST on a par with Fury. The big deciding factor is going to be how well Usyk can handle much bigger opponents. If he can adjust well in that sense, he is going to be a nightmare for anyone at Heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                  Usyk is a masterful Boxer, AT LEAST on a par with Fury. The big deciding factor is going to be how well Usyk can handle much bigger opponents. If he can adjust well in that sense, he is going to be a nightmare for anyone at Heavyweight.
                  He will win every second of every round against Wilder until he looses his temper and goes mental and sparks him

He will win early rounds against AJ but the size and weight will bear down on him, he won’t get any respect from AJ

12 round snooze fest against fury, he can’t out box a 6,9 skilled boxer and he definitely can’t knock him out

That’s my take on it anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Sounds like its Fury in June, Wilder & Fury around Sept. & then Wilder vs Fury II in early 2020. Then its the winner vs Joshua sometime in 2020. I think you added a extra fight in there.
                    Correct, that's what the plan looks to be. Kownacki hasn't been mentioned as part of the plan yet.

Joshua vs Pulev in October and then he can fight Whyte in a rematch at Wembley in April of 2020.

Comment

Working...
                    X