Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Kovalev Generates $8.173 Million, 10,005 Tickets Sold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
    What made him a “thug”? What made him “ghetto”?
    His behavior

Comment

• Dude i am a minority, so dont claim racism. I also actually like mayweather, but he is a ghetto actung thug.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Everybody making excuses just remember Floyd vs. Berto was considered a flop and it did better than this.
        If you call selling 400K PPVs a success more power to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          I was at the last Charlo fight in houston, the nrg arena was sold out
          Sure, sure why is he fighting Harrison in California then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlos Danger View Post
            Dude i am a minority, so dont claim racism. I also actually like mayweather, but he is a ghetto actung thug.
            Example(S)? And what’s a “minority”? Explain to me what ethnicity that is

Comment

• Boxing has been dying in America. There are few fighters that sell. Black people aren't into boxing that much anymore and guys like wilder and andre ward are not household names to black Americans. Eastern European fighters can't sell well because eastern European Americans aren't that into boxing.

These networks like dazn are losing thier shirts on boxing. If they paid boxers their normal market rates they should be fine but they are WAY overpaying. Only canelo and a few guys can sell.

Boxing needs consolidation. There can't be 3 networks like espn, dazn, and showtime. Max we can have is 1 or 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm Widdit! View Post
                Who right now is fighting the best fighters in their prime? Has Canelo ever? you think UFC fans care that Nate Diaz isn't prime? And lastly, do you think DAZN has no idea that the USA has a healthy Hispanic consumer market? I'm sure when DAZN signed Canelo they knew this before hand...
                What are you talking about? Many top guys eventually fight guys in their prime. Spence-Porter, Prograis-Taylor, Thurman-Garcia, Wilder-Fury, etc. Usually some of the big fights take time to develop but they usually develop. Other than Jacobs, Canelo has been the beneficiary of favorable matchmaking and people will want to see that end eventually. Let's see him fight Andrade, Charlo, J-Rock, within the next year or two and then I'll shutup. I think Canelo's team knows he's vulnerable to losing as evident by his fights with Lara and Trout. One day he may not win the close decision and they really messed up by moving him up to LHW as well. I hope he can get back down to MW, otherwise he's going to have his work cut out for him at SMW

Comment

Working...
                X