Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ben Stein Says Black People Have “Deep Attachment” To Underdog Mentality And Playing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
    Black first and human second? Honestly I'm not sure what you meant by that.

But think about this. When black people were making a point of saying we are humans, too, do you know what they told us? You're black. lol

But anyway, I think you're misunderstanding my post. It is not that black people feel they are inferior. Of course not. It's that they feel that [some] feel that they are often treated like 2nd rate citizens and have to adjust accordingly to be successful.

Everyone always wants to go all the way back to slavery and then say let's get over it. The history of poor treatment of Black Americans in America certainly didn't stop with the abolition of slavery. There was a civil rights movement 50 years ago. Think about that.

It's just the realities of life in America. You never know when you're going to be up against it just because of the color of your skin, so be extra vigilant, extra prepared, and work extra hard. Nothing about that is a victimhood mentality.
    You are talking about something from 50 years ago and many people want to hold onto that. I'm not saying people forget their history but sometimes you can be so entrenched in the past you become useless. Those who decide to take advantage of education and other opportunities always change their lives but those who decide to hang around same problem areas and cry victim will cry to the grave. This is where the mentality issue comes in. You can perpetuate racial stereotypes and talk about baby mamas and sire kids with many women and your kids end up in prison or you can go to school, choose your partners well and settle into meaningful relationships and not live in ghettos and have a different life.
    People talk about 'N.iggers don't do this and don't do that' creating boundaries in their lives thinking it's cool. See how these kids behave in schools man.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      Jews have been shat on longer and worse than American blacks.

Yet the Jews are doing great here. Their neighborhoods arent war zones, they dont have out of proportion crime rates and levels, and they have higher than median incomes and unemployment levels.

But the Jews dont play the race and victim cards; they raise their children, and they teach their kids to get educated, as opposed to telling them to become rappers or gangsters.

If the blacks had just conducted themselves like the Jews did, they wouldn't be kvetching all these decades later.
      I expect to be mistreated, hated, and ridiculed..I just work harder and get more determined...

Jews, in one, just one generation became, doctors, layers, professors. Then the really smart jews became rabbi...

I’d hang myself, my uncles would hang me if I ever asked for reparations, ebt...... a free lunch...

The only thing I’d like to see, is no affirmative anything, and no politicians who pimp and pander to the lowest common denominator. My uncle his two sons,IDF...

I’ve been very clear about my Judaism... I got Jew boy pride... I’ll starve to death before I ask the government for a penny... no yot or tittle will deter me...

My life for GOD, wife, kids, Israel....

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
        When they do polls for elections do they ask everyone?
        lol. I haven't lived in the United States for over 10 years.

I don't remember them asking my outlook on life at the polls tho. lol

Comment

lol. I haven't lived in the United States for over 10 years.

I don't remember them asking my outlook on life at the polls tho. lol
          You don't need to ask every person in a group to get the general opinion.

Comment

You are talking about something from 50 years ago and many people want to hold onto that. I'm not saying people forget their history but sometimes you can be so entrenched in the past you become useless. Those who decide to take advantage of education and other opportunities always change their lives but those who decide to hang around same problem areas and cry victim will cry to the grave. This is where the mentality issue comes in. You can perpetuate racial stereotypes and talk about baby mamas and sire kids with many women and your kids end up in prison or you can go to school, choose your partners well and settle into meaningful relationships and not live in ghettos and have a different life.
            People talk about 'N.iggers don't do this and don't do that' creating boundaries in their lives thinking it's cool. See how these kids behave in schools man.
            You're kind of ignoring my point. You don't have to go back 50 years to find injustice in America based on race, but the fact that a CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT was just 50 years ago, is significant.

And I'm not saying that anyone should sit around and mope or feel like a victim. I thought I made it clear that some black folks use the underdog mentality as motivation to go above and beyond and don't think of it as victimhood at all. Is there really a problem with that???

You're taking me through all of this stuff and all I ever said was it can be used as motivation!

I'm not disagreeing with your post. I'm just saying you're not fully grasping mine.

Comment

You don't need to ask every person in a group to get the general opinion.
              Bro...you can't say most black people were raised with a negative outlook on life and expect anyone to take that as gospel.

I'm sure you weren't squatting in every black family's household to see how they are raised. Blanket statements like that is what get people in trouble.

Comment

I didn't see anything in that link that said all white Jews are satanic Jews.

Is that why you didn't quote anything from it? Quote from that page what you have a problem about and we can discuss.
                U stoopid foo

White jews = satanic jews
                Black jews = righteous jews

Farakhan is a blackpower foker like urself

Comment

You're kind of ignoring my point. You don't have to go back 50 years to find injustice in America based on race, but the fact that a CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT was just 50 years ago, is significant.

And I'm not saying that anyone should sit around and mope or feel like a victim. I thought I made it clear that some black folks use the underdog mentality as motivation to go above and beyond and don't think of it as victimhood at all. Is there really a problem with that???

You're taking me through all of this stuff and all I ever said was it can be used as motivation!

I'm not disagreeing with your post. I'm just saying you're not fully grasping mine.
                  I never disagreed with people with you on that or the existence of racism. My point is simply those who play the victim, these things can coexist in population.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    i'd say [certain] white people have a deep attachment to the money they make oppressing black people and the idea of racial superiority they have used to excuse it.

before the cover up lies were basically all centered around white supremacy. now it is more about sweeping it under the rug and say things like "black people have an underdog mentality" if and when we see through the smoke screen and recognize the west for what it truly is.
                    Whats that? The greatest civilization mankind has ever built in the history of the world?

Comment

Bro...you can't say most black people were raised with a negative outlook on life and expect anyone to take that as gospel.

I'm sure you weren't squatting in every black family's household to see how they are raised. Blanket statements like that is what get people in trouble.
                      You are just splitting hairs here.

Comment

Working...
                      X