No announcement yet.

Joshua can beat Ruiz easily IF!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    He’s not exactly some great boxer though. The only time he’s ever really boxed and not engaged is against Parker and that’s only because the ref wouldn’t let Parker near him.

I still think he needs to put shots together to deter Ruiz and hurt him if he can, he can’t be totally safety first, that’s not what he does well. He has solid fundamentals but that’s it. Ruiz looked to have a much better ring IQ in their fight and the ability to make it count. AJ isn’t going to get much better in a few months, it’s taken 11 years to develop a very basic style

I actually think he might be mentally messed up too. After the Wlad fight, he always looked a bit more cautious and in the week of the Ruiz fight, he did an interview with Carl Frampton and said if he had another war like the Wlad fight, he might retire. So that to me says his mentality isn’t right for a war. If that was his mentality after the Wlad fight, you have to wonder how he’ll be now he got bounced around the ring.

I think this rematch is going to be a bigger test mentally than physically.
    Great post...

Can AJ box at a high enough level to neutralise Ruiz?

Can he even box period? I’ve never seen anything that suggests a high boxing IQ, he has superb physical attributes but technically there have always been flaws.

Does he have the mentality of a fighter? Or is he just a supremely gifted athlete who people have tried to manufacture into a boxer and build into a lucrative brand.

Comment

I think AJ will do that and win the rematch.

Comment

In a rematch usually the better boxer beats the puncher, thing is that Ruiz seems to be the better boxer and the heaviest puncher. I really think the only way AJ wins is with a lucky punch in the early rounds or a corrupt judge DQing Ruiz for an "illegal blow".

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
          That doesn’t change the fact Joshua couldn’t move his head if his life depended on it.
          So the question here is can the robot be reprogrammed.

Comment

I think you might be underrating Ruiz. Ruiz is tough and game. He is also smart and calm in the ring. He has fast hands and good power. Ruiz says he will lose weight and be faster. I think Ruiz will put heavy pressure on AJ from the start and knocks AJ out again.

Comment

he cant breat ruiz in the rematch cause his only answer beside "BRAWL" as you would put it is to hold and that is illegal, yes if he has the right ref his can hold all night but in a even playing field he would have to fight and he will get knocked out again.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                all he has to do is box. thats not vague at all. joshuas camp has to be focused on boxing this time!

Diz boxing, serious bizness, big drama show!

Comment

Joshua can't box tall and he won't learn how to by December

Comment

AJ loses again
                    I just can’t see with his limited abilities and such short time how he can transform into something he has never been
                    Too little time to prepare
                    Ruiz is really flying high and seems much more hungry than AJ ever was

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                      He boxes and not brawls, I have no idea why boxers try to force game plans. You have to FEEL the fight..

Ruiz knows 1 way and that is coming forward..Joshua has the reach and just needs to lead Ruiz into traps, and then learn to fight INSIDE RUIZ'S COMFORT ZONE..

Which means stand your ground at time but only when that ground leads to Ruiz swinging outside of your guard where you can always be inside of his arms..

He fought a stupid fight the first time and maybe that's what he needed just like in the Olympics..

Some people need to be humbled in order to reach that next level..Joshua has a nice skill set but I think he drank to much of the kool-aid and forgot the "process" it happens to us all in life.

He should beat Ruiz in the rematch and if not then he needs to look at himself in the mirror and ask himself is he is really built for this because Ruiz is a straight up and down fighters. I predict he stops Ruiz in less then 3 rounds.
                      Ruiz is a very formidable opponent. I don’t even know if he’s the better boxer than Ruiz tbh

Comment

Working...
                      X