Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Wilder be undisputed by the end of this year??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably not for two reasons. One Joshua/Wlad winner if it is Joshua will almost certainly want to really set up that Wilder fight because that is huge money, to get that huge money it requires some set up like Joshua fighting on US soil once. Wlad is more established so they could do a quick turnaround but is he going to want that fight or is he going to want to try and get revenge on Fury?

Also if Fury wanders back into the sport he will have to be dealt with for somebody to be undisputed because Fury can obviously dispute the claim to the throne.

I just think there are too many moving parts for it to be done in one year even if wilder can fight 3 or 4 times because 1 is already meaningless.

The best I think he could do it is by the middle of 2018, and that is if he stays healthy.
    Last edited by The Gambler1981; 01-10-2017, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      How so? Shannon Briggs is the real champ. I mean, it's even in his name!

Seriously though, won't it be strange if the winners of Parker/Wilder and Joshua/Wlad fight each other in what would be the biggest HW fight in a LONG time, then the winner of that mega-fight goes on to fight Shannon Briggs.
      I like the idea of Briggs holding his belt, looking in the mirror shouting 'lets go champ!' over and over at himself until he is carted off by men in white coats.

Comment

wilder is basically michael grant. as soon as he fights top level guys >the lennox lewis treatment will happen.

Comment

Funny how a year or two ago people were saying the division is so bad. All of a sudden a black dude gets hype at HW, it's great again. Especially if he becomes undisputed. We're going to be dealing with Wildards claiming he's a HOF/ATG. I like the dude but he's not great. He's going to get knocked out as soon as he fights someone really good.

Another thing......same people riding Wilder's nuts are calling GGG overrated/over-hyped. Golovkin has done more and is better skilled than Wilder by far.

Comment

100% no chance. Wilder is a bum and his power is overated, doubt he gets past parker let alone joshua or wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
              wilder is basically michael grant. as soon as he fights top level guys >the lennox lewis treatment will happen.
              ^^^^^^^^^^
              Exactly

Comment

I don't think Wilder will ever be the undisputed champion. So far he only fights somebody good if he has to to keep his WBC title. He has mostly defended his title against unranked guys who most of us never heard of before in his own back yard. If he fights Joshua I think he will get KOed early. Wilder is sloppy and easy to hit. He throws many wide, looping punches while A.J. throws shorter, straighter punches. They both punch very hard but A.J. is the one most likely to land the big bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                  Funny how a year or two ago people were saying the division is so bad. All of a sudden a black dude gets hype at HW, it's great again. Especially if he becomes undisputed. We're going to be dealing with Wildards claiming he's a HOF/ATG. I like the dude but he's not great. He's going to get knocked out as soon as he fights someone really good.

Another thing......same people riding Wilder's nuts are calling GGG overrated/over-hyped. Golovkin has done more and is better skilled than Wilder by far.
                  The division is still bad, its just more interesting now due to punchers, **** talkers and lack of a dominant champ.

Joshua and Wilder basically started boxing as adults and had like 80 am fights between them. They shouldnt really have gotten as far as they have, or as quickly

Comment

Wait, he's going to go from fighting 36 nobodies and a gatekeeper, to two unification fights against the divisions best? Unlikely.

He's not even going to get in the ring with the best, let alone win.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                      The division is still bad, its just more interesting now due to punchers, **** talkers and lack of a dominant champ.

Joshua and Wilder basically started boxing as adults and had like 80 am fights between them. They shouldnt really have gotten as far as they have, or as quickly
                      Vitali - 87% KO percentage

Wlad - 78% KO....was higher before.

Comment

Working...
                      X