Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Paulie Mallinaggi so disrespected on here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. He's white; not a slick bruvva.
    2. He's loud and opinionated.
    3. He looks too much like "the situation" from Jersey Shore, more than a boxer.
    4. He has a glass jaw and pillow fists; a white Amir Khan.
    5. Conor McGregor has never heard of him.
    6. Al Haymon.
    7. This is boxingscene, half of us will come up with a reason not to like anybody, just to argue with the other half.

Comment

This whole "has a good resume" is misconstrued imo... A journey man faces everyone and sometimes for chump change money, will they get the same respect on here, hell to the fück no!
      Whenever Paulie has stepped up he was beaten and in most cases knocked out.. To top that he talks **** half the time but in his defense the guys ask him what's his opinion is on a subject etc...
      But he can't score a fight for ****...
      Last edited by BoxingFan85; 12-25-2016, 12:36 AM.

Comment

i do respect paulie mallinaggi as a boxer.

imho, he's one of the few professional boxers that uses his face to block punches.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
          When he beat world level fighters???
          Stop being vague. Name the great performances where he displayed a world-class skillset.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
            1. He's white; not a slick bruvva.
            2. He's loud and opinionated.
            3. He looks too much like "the situation" from Jersey Shore, more than a boxer.
            4. He has a glass jaw and pillow fists; a white Amir Khan.
            5. Conor McGregor has never heard of him.
            6. Al Haymon.
            7. This is boxingscene, half of us will come up with a reason not to like anybody, just to argue with the other half.

Adding one more to your list..
            8. He lost his belt and his girl.. So he is a beta.

Comment

in all seriousness, i remember watching that cotto vs paulie fight live 10 years ago just after i started watching boxing, that was a damn good fight, paulie showed massive heart against the bigger , more powerful cotto. i think paulie had to fight through a cut too. he did a lot of **** talkin before that fight too which made it more entertaining

Comment

I've never liked him. His entire career is based mainly on his mouth. He was always looking for some schtick to get attention. Wearing weaves, talking sh|t about other fighters who were levels above him.

His entire career feels fake to me. Kudos to him in that respect I guess as he made it work for himself to make some money. As a boxing fan though, he always felt like an actor playing the role of a fighter, instead of being a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                  in all seriousness, i remember watching that cotto vs paulie fight live 10 years ago just after i started watching boxing, that was a damn good fight, paulie showed massive heart against the bigger , more powerful cotto. i think paulie had to fight through a cut too. he did a lot of **** talkin before that fight too which made it more entertaining
                  He fought through a broken orbital bone, too.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                    very good fighter in his time. agreed on the necessity for loads of skill in the face of deficient power. the ambiguity is truly underrated.

Geezzz...Smallie Smellinaggi is hung like AlexKid.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                      he spews hypocrisy and bias yet makes it out like he is an impartial pundit

Comment

Working...
                      X