Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to make a bet that this wins the Oscar next year for best Picture?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
    on the directing side they do seem to have a solid hand, but what about the actors?

i literally cannot name a well-known mexican actor off the top of my head. and the ones who do get roles are all criminals, drug dealers or cholos. and even so, the majority of them are played by columbians and puerto ricans.
    Yeah, the directors I mean. Like you said the actors are all played by Puerto Ricans that pluck their eyebrows. Even if it's a cholo part, . Sometimes it works, but sometimes it looks ridiculous.

Cliff Curtis, the dude from Fear The Walking Dead was solid as a cholo in Training Day though and he's Maori.

Comment

when will the asians and ese's finally start getting some recognition?
      Mexicans won best director for the past three years in a row, and been winning the technical achievements, like "Chivo" Lubezki winning for best cinematography a couple of times. 2014 or 15 was considered the year of Mexico since a lot of them won. Even Lupita Nyong'o since she is technically a Mexican.

Asians, lol, unless they start giving out awards for Kung Fu movies, they're not getting any. Kung Fu Panda could get an award for best animated movie, or at least get nominated.

Comment

blacks didn't complain about getting more slavery movies, it's the jewish folks who run all these record labels and studios. they love making these types of movies because they know it makes white people very uncomfortable. they hate seeing white people thrive for some reason, probably has to do with the halocaust.

they also have a certain way of casting certain types of people.

asians are always timid, non-violent, virgins/no gf having, or nerdy.

mexicans are always gang bangers who are almost always portrayed by columbian or puerto rican actors.

whites are also becoming increasing beta in their movies too.

No they started whining and crying about not getting nominated.

Comment

on the directing side they do seem to have a solid hand, but what about the actors?

i literally cannot name a well-known mexican actor off the top of my head. and the ones who do get roles are all criminals, drug dealers or cholos. and even so, the majority of them are played by columbians and puerto ricans.
          Gael Garcia Bernal, Diego Luna, Demian Bichir, Salma Hayek, Lupita Nyong'o, Louis CK (sorta), ect. other lesser known people in the states as well. There's some very good talent, just need to see them in better roles.

Comment

You can tell how dorky and stale and outdated hollywood is by how they still think slavery and ****sexuality are edgy topics, year after year.

Why do people even go to movie theaters anymore? Some retro hipster thing?

Comment

Man growing up in the 80s and 90s the most well known Mexican actors were Edward James Olmos and Lou Diamond Philips it turns out only one was Mexican the other guy was a Filipino haahah.

Lou Diamond also took all the Native American roles too.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
                Mexicans won best director for the past three years in a row, and been winning the technical achievements, like "Chivo" Lubezki winning for best cinematography a couple of times. 2014 or 15 was considered the year of Mexico since a lot of them won. Even Lupita Nyong'o since she is technically a Mexican.

Asians, lol, unless they start giving out awards for Kung Fu movies, they're not getting any. Kung Fu Panda could get an award for best animated movie, or at least get nominated.
                Asians make cool fighting movies and anime.

Gay hollywood zionists don't like cool stuff. They passionately hate anything cool. They like awkwardness, slavery and gay cowboys. Always trying to be "edgy".

Communist China should just take over the movie industry.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  Gael Garcia Bernal, Diego Luna, Demian Bichir, Salma Hayek, Lupita Nyong'o, Louis CK (sorta), ect. other lesser known people in the states as well. There's some very good talent, just need to see them in better roles.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    Rios jab KO
                    that rios jab is no joke.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                      Man growing up in the 80s and 90s the most well known Mexican actors were Edward James Olmos and Lou Diamond Philips it turns out only one was Mexican the other guy was a Filipino haahah.

Lou Diamond also took all the Native American roles too.

wait, who was filipino? lol

and wow edward james olmos isn't even mexican? i will never look at american me ever again.

and yeah even that card game scene in training day, the only mexican there is the bald headed dude, the rest are columbian or something else even though they play sureno thugs in the movie.

Comment

Working...
                      X