Thurman-Porter pushed back again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are we waiting?

Comment

Nothing new. That's why you have to have nine lives to see fights you want to see. Aside from long strings of mismatches, there's the useless rematches and trilogies. Takes years to see top fighters fight each other.

Boxing is mostly fantasy fights.

Comment

This is ****ing absurd. It's making me not want to watch the fight whenever the **** it actually does happen. There is absolutely no reason to keep delaying it like this, none at all.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          They could have done that in December and still be on track for a March fight.
          They could have done that **** in October for a December fight. They could have held the ****ing fight in November like it should have been. This is ****ing ******ed.

Comment

I'd be happy with it ever having an official date attached to it.

I figure PBC to promote this during the Super Bowl ideally & have some 24/7 level side programming to go along with it. This appears to me to be the biggest fight between "PBC" fighters who new fans have become acquainted with & I think they are going to try to make this bigger. Or they just been f#cking around for way too long with making this fight like 99% of people think. I'm rooting for the former, but unfortunately I think the latter is a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I figure PBC to promote this during the Super Bowl ideally & have some 24/7 level side programming to go along with it. This appears to me to be the biggest fight between "PBC" fighters who new fans have become acquainted with & I think they are going to try to make this bigger. Or they just been f#cking around for way too long with making this fight like 99% of people think. I'm rooting for the former, but unfortunately I think the latter is a possibility.
              The concept of PBC is good but the execution is half assed there is no structure.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

The problem with that is their inactivity. Who even remembers these dudes unless you follow boxing 24/7 like us?

This fight is about to flop massively. It's not a Vegas fight for one. Who is going to go out of their way to buy plane and hotel for this? This buildup has been handled terribly.

Comment

Someone wake me up when this fight is signed, or when someone at 147 fights someone meaningful...

Comment

thurman-portar: sometime, somewhere 2016

Comment

This is just a gimmick to parade a regular good fight as some damn great fight. This is just a regular HBO champsionship type co main event type of fight but naw they drawing it out to build up the hate and anticipations and speculation anything to make it more than what it is.

I think Haymon and Thurman are trying to catch Porter slipping but cant, They tried to prolong the annoucemnet and then swing it on them out the blue and have him try to make weight but the porters are on point and they ready for that swing so they already ready so now they trying to get him over trained by literally having porter in a what 5 month camp by the time this fight happens in march.

But whatever they try Thurman is gettince Iced Mallangi style. Porter to KO thurman in 4 rounds and thurman to never be heard from again in boxing.
                      Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 12-31-2015, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X