No announcement yet.

You guys seen this picture?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
    Agreed. But that's the dangers and risks of the sport...everyone knows or should know and have an unfortunate expectation of something bad happening or possibly happening at any given time.
    some people go too far though and fear overwhelms them into ducking fights even for 100 million dollars. some people even make their opponents wear pillow gloves in order to fight them. it really makes a mockery of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
      Dunno about that, but I think that's very plausible!

BTW, came across an interesting article that K2 got sued after the Perez fight...apparently Wlad himself will be a defendant and some doctors.

Have a read of this: http://www.boxing insider.com/headli...esponsibility/

Remove space between boxing and insider
      Thanks for the link, I found this part interesting:
      "The American Association of Neurological Surgeons reported that 90 percent of boxers suffer some kind form brain injury while competing or training."

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        Thanks for the link, I found this part interesting:
        "The American Association of Neurological Surgeons reported that 90 percent of boxers suffer some kind form brain injury while competing or training."
        Don't know if that number is completely accurate or reliable, but it's possible. In fact, it's almost an inevitability...the brain isn't designed or created to be knocked around inside the skull. And with the 1000s of blows boxers receive, serious injuries are sometimes unavoidable. Feel sorry for the unlucky ones though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          Kovalev has been fundraising for Mago as I understand. Auctioning off gear from his fights and the like.

It's a horrible situation. Shameful for boxing when families end up in this sort of a situation because of it.
          Kovalev is a good man, I heard he donated some money or the little money he had to the opponents family that he killed in the ring.

Kova is a peoples champ he has a good heart.

Comment

Glad he's at least back with his family!

Also I wonder if Kovalev even knows he has an instagram haha

Comment

Working...
            X