Floyd Mayweather= American, Black Joe Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopkins vs Calzaghe = Mayweather vs DLH

Uninspired split decision victories.

Only Hopkins at that point in his career was better than DLH when he foughtMayweather.

Comment

Joe Calzaghe is a perfect parallel to Mayweather.
      Except Mayweather is a great fighter.

Comment

Mayweather has had the better career although he had opportunities as an American and an Olympian that Joe did not. If figure that at his peak, Joe was on par with Floyd skill and talent wise but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
          Hopkins vs Calzaghe = Mayweather vs DLH

Uninspired split decision victories.

Only Hopkins at that point in his career was better than DLH when he foughtMayweather.
          Mayweather beat ODh easily. That one scorecard was bull****. I thought Calzaghe beat Hopkins by more than the judges cards indicated.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            Mayweather beat ODh easily. That one scorecard was bull****. I thought Calzaghe beat Hopkins by more than the judges cards indicated.
            lol @ easily.

He won by 2 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
              Except Mayweather is a great fighter.

^^^

Mindless sheep.

Comment

lol @ easily.

He won by 2 rounds.
                Dude floyd won like 8 rds to 4. ODH handpicked the judges. How any judge saw ODH winning that fight is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                  Hopkins won 5 rounds clearly and scored a knockdown and had a few toss up rounds. How was HE not robbed of a UD man?
                  So its your allegation, that Calzaghe got a little "home fixin" a little of that screw you American...you know...here in America. All ringside scorers had Hopkins winning? Really? Cite where all ringside scorers had HOpkins winning.

Also what the heck are you talking about with punch stats. Like compubox scoring aint hard to look up. Calzaghe laded over 100 punches more than Hopkins, 40% more than Hopkins landed. Calz landing pct was 6% more than Hopkins. Joe landed 60 more power punches than Hopkins landed punches. This fight wasnt close. joe got off to a slow start cause he couldnt spar with his hadns being as jacked up as they were. He realized hopkins was a female and proceeded to beat the coward. Hopkins should have lost by more, should have lost points for faking low blows, rabbit punches, clinches, and headbutts.

AP, Yahoo, and ESPN scored for Hopkins by 1 point. All American companies and who the hell knows who does the judging for Yahoo or the AP.

Harold Lederman had it 116-111 for Joe, the only judge who had Hopkins winning was Adalayde. A female. What the hell does she know about boxing.

Chuck Giampa had Joe winning 116-111, he has judged hundreds of fights, almost always in line and never off the ball, no way was he that far off. Ill trust his opinion over some dudes, some chick, or Yahoo's opinion any day.

Also joe crushed Reid, lets put that one to rest. The scoring for the Reid fight literally was 116-111, 116-111, and then 111-116, thats crazy. The one guy who had it 111-116...you guessed it...Paul Thomas. The same clown who had the Chambers vs. Dimitrenko fight even. That fight wasnt even anymore than Calzaghe vs. Reid was 111-116...Watch the whole fight, find me how you can get Reid to 116, find me how you could even get him to 113. Thats beyond me too.

Comment

Joe Calzaghe is a perfect parallel to Mayweather. Hopkins and RJJ are both first ballot HOFers. But do you give Joe Calzaghe credit for his wins over them? Nope. Floyd is undefeated you say? So is Joe. Unlike Floyd Joe doesn't have a controversial loss(Castillo). Joe is also 46-0. Floyd's got some catching up to do.

Hopkins and RJJ are the DLH and Mosley of Mayweather's resume. Take those 2 away. Mayweather does not have a single HOFer on his resume that he fought in their weight class.

Boom.

Exposed.

But Floyd is a Black American. That lends him credibility he wouldn't have other wise. His blind bat fans(mostly American) will hold up his skills and even though he's not a dynamic fighter.... he does not have any KO power.... his fights have no replay value.
                    I think you mean record wise...and IF he doesnt fight Pacquiao I will look at him way worst than calzaghe

Comment

Great bait thread!

Comment

Working...
                      X