No announcement yet.

The age of maturity is never defined.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The age of maturity is never defined.

As you probably know. Over here you're considered an adult at 18. But there are 18 year olds who are just pricks and are immature. In Africa, there are like 8 year olds raising there younger brothers. Now thats ****ing mature. You have to respect them.

Originally posted by platinummatt! View Post
    As you probably know. Over here you're considered an adult at 18. But there are 18 year olds who are just pricks and are immature. In Africa, there are like 8 year olds raising there younger brothers. Now thats ****ing mature. You have to respect them.
    In africa they have no choice but to be smart and mature from a younger age because the way of life for them is so much harder than over here where everything is handed on a plate to all the little bastards who think they're grown up the second they hit 18 and are allowed to drink legally and go in pubs and stuff.

Comment

Look man, it is totally different down there. They dont have all of this pop culture stuff like we have in europe/north america. they are forced to either be academically gifted or they dont go anywhere. True fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin' View Post
        Look man, it is totally different down there. They dont have all of this pop culture stuff like we have in europe/north america. they are forced to either be academically gifted or they dont go anywhere. True fact.

No, because they dont go to school.

Yes, they just have to be mature over there. There are 8 year olds over there more mature than 30 year olds over here

Comment

My father is 54 and acts like a teenager still.....some people never become matyre.

Comment

maturity and responsibility have nothing to do with age.
            yeah, turning 18 makes you legally an "adult", but few 18 year-old have the maturity and responsibilities of an adult. and there are 50 year-olds still living with their mama and never worked a day in their life or had to make it on their own. i'd call them an old child.

Comment

Originally posted by * Feisty Wench View Post
              maturity and responsibility have nothing to do with age.
              yeah, turning 18 makes you legally an "adult", but few 18 year-old have the maturity and responsibilities of an adult. and there are 50 year-olds still living with their mama and never worked a day in their life or had to make it on their own. i'd call them an old child.
              i became mature instantly when i met a beautiful little brown haired girl in elementary school in florida... i still think about her every day

Comment

Originally posted by dr filth View Post
                i became mature instantly when i met a beautiful little brown haired girl in elementary school in florida... i still think about her every day
                You met Matt?

Comment

From a Devil's Advocate stance I'd have to disagree in many aspects.

Part of the reason people act immature at younger ages is simply because they feel they can get away with it. As they mature, either with age or experience; they are forced to take on responsibilites and realize consequences for their actions.... thus age does have something to do with it. To elaborate, I suppose I'm suggesting that most people know right from wrong and how to act mature but when they become 18/21 they realize they can act grown up now and it's acceptable... just as accting immature might be more frowned upon.

Comment

I believe someone will reach maturity WHEN..
                    They realise they are Mortal..
                    No more "that wont happen to me.. that only happens to other people"
                    When they realise to everyone else.. they are "OTHER people"
                    That the world dont stop when you go to sleep
                    and That you and you alone take responsinblity for YOUR actions and feelings..

Tall order indeed
                    Last edited by Welter_Skelter; 02-22-2007, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X