Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the past decade, which rising star fell faster and harder than Jeff Lacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyson Fury maybe

He was literally on top of the boxing world, the new World Heavyweight Champion

Look what happened to him, waste of talent

Comment

Are people still arguing that Lacy wasn't massively hyped?

Look at the way people were talking about him.

Just check this out - http://www.boxingscene.com/boxingsce...calzaghe--3266

While most view this fight as the signature bout that makes Lacy a superstar in the sport, others feel Calzaghe is not going away quietly.
      Ron Borges - Although I give Calzaghe a chance to win, I think in the end age and too many years fighting inferior competition will get to him. So will a Jeff Lacy left hook, one that will drop him and hurt him badly enough that he can't continue. Jeff Lacy by TKO in 10.
      Sammy Rozenberg - I see Calzaghe hustling Lacy for most of the fight with his boxing skills, until Lacy catches up to him in the later rounds and ends it. Lacy in 11 by KO.
      Glenn Wilson - see this going two rounds. Round one, Calzaghe picks his shots and grabs when he feels Lacy's power. Round two, both fighters opening up and Lacy catches Calzaghe to ends it. I believe there will be twelve rounds of action packed into two rounds.
      Eric Rineer - Jeff Lacy by KO in 8 rounds.
      Larry Tornambe - Jeff Lacy will see this opportunity as his crossing of the threshold to greatness. Joe will do his best to use his experience, but it'll be Lacy winning by late TKO.
      TK Stewart - Jeff Lacy is one of the best young titlists within the sport of boxing right now. Lacy brings excitement to the game and when promoter Gary Shaw says that Lacy is a cross between Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield, I think he's right.
      Mark Workman - Short and sweet. I've never believed that Joe Calzaghe could stand up to the awesome power of the Tampa Bay banger, Jeff "Left Hook" Lacy. I expect Lacy to rain down a torrent of uppercuts and trademark left hooks upon Calzaghe and completely demolish him.
      Evan Korn - Lacy will overwhelm Calzaghe en route to a second round KO.
      Don Caputo - Out with the old, in with the new. A barrage of punches around the 9th round will signal the end of the Welshmans long reign - but expect him to go out on his shield.

Paul Gallegos - Unless the world of boxing is turned upside down, I fully expect Jeff "Left Hook" Lacy to roll right through Calzaghe. Lacy by KO in the seventh.
      James Blears - Jeff will overpower and knock out Joe. Joe has a champion’s heart and has never tasted professional defeat, so he will initially get up. There’ll be several thrills and spills beore it ends. Let’s hope the Manchester crowd isn’t too disappointed and show their sporting class when this happens.
      Ron Gallegos - This one will be sure thing, you can take it to the bank. Lacy will take him out by the fifth round. Jeff still needs to work on his defense, but in the end, his offensive fire power is more than enough to take out anyone in the division. Lacy looks like a chiseled ebony greek god. He's what's right with boxing.

A handful of guys picking Calzaghe, but without half the arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        Literally feels like yesterday when I saw the upset.

Can you think of a boxer who was unfortunate as Lacy?
        "Unfortunate"?

Or overhyped?

Comment

I've got two lamont Pederson and odlanier solis.pederson was on the verge of becoming a star after beating khan but he got caught cheating and then got destroyed by lucas.solis was a gold medal winner who supposed to be the next big thing from cuba but he had that first round stoppage loss to klitsko solis's career has been a joke since then.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            When did Lacey have a star??

Originally posted by A.K View Post
            Why do brits keep insisting lacy was ever a star? That's laughable he was a rising prospect that won a vacant title and got exposed early, it feels like brits hype him up to make calzaghee seem like some superstar stopper lol stop all that 😂
            http://www.boxingscene.com/boxingsce...calzaghe--3266

Comment

Working...
            X