No announcement yet.

Rating Golvkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    He gets hit plenty at the level he's fighting at.

What does that tell you?

Adama doesn't even have a level and he busted his nose up.
    everyone isnt a defensive master..there are different styles

Comment

As I rated Saul Alvarez a B+, I'd have to say Gennady Golovkin isn't far behind. I rated GGG a B. If he can unify all the belts in his next two fights he will move up to a B+. Needs to challenge himself at higher weightclasses if he wants to reach A-class.

Comment

He's an A fighter who needs one elite opponent on his resume to put him in the class of the untouchable.

Comment

Got him as a solid A right now. Hopefully the next two fights he has tells the tale.

Comment

Interesting thoughts, thanks for posting and feel free to keep em comin if you havent already!!

Comment

B+ maybe an A- not seen him prove he belongs in the A/A+ category for whatever reasons.

Comment

In my opinion he is pound for pound the best fighter in the world and that makes him an A+ fighter.

Comment

1hourRun

Good vote. That's why you mah *****.

Comment

I rated him an A but that might be too generous of a rating. I'm a GGG fan but I don't like the way he gets hit so often. His beard might be A+...maybe, but even the best chin can get cracked.

He had better tread very carefully in his fight with Jacobs. If he can withstand bombs from Jacob then his chin must be something extraordinary. I'd rather see him avoid those bombs though because he's way too old to be getting hit from hard punchers. That takes a big toll on fighters and he doesn't need anymore wear and tear to hasten the natural decline of a fighter who is entering his late 30's.

Comment

March 18 is the answer!

Good question.

I will withhold my rating until after the Jacobs fight. For all i know Golovkin could an elite ATG, he certainly looks it. Won't truely know until he faces an elite level of competition.

He has fought many solid contenders and KO's them all, without any close fights and not losing more than 2 rounds.

Jacobs, being the #1 contender at his weight is the measuring stick we've all been waiting for.

For me, assuming Golovkin wins, it's all about HOW he wins, not if he wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X