Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious question about GGG vs Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo already has a lot to lose if he doesn't take this fight.

But when they do fight, GGG losing would be worse for him and his reputation. He's needed a top fight for years, and this is make or break time for GGG. Guy is 34 already.

Canelo is still very young and he already lost before and he can always drop back down to 155. His drawing power will take a hit somewhat, but as long as he puts up a good effort, there is no shame in losing to a middleweight like GGG, as long as he doesn't get blown out of the water.

I doubt Canelo will ever be the p4p king, but he can still be the PPV king. De La Hoya lost most of his big fights and was still the biggest draw until Floyd came along.
    Last edited by Willy Wanker; 05-12-2016, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
      Fans are most likely tired of the same fighters dominating the discussion. Are there any other top fighters that fans can look forward to seeing fight? Where is Garcia, where is Brook?
      Garcia and Brook are kinda boring topics tbh. Errol Spence, Thurman vs Porter coming up, the heavyweight division heating up, lots of good stuff to talk about. People love talking about Golovkin vs Canelo though because it's an awesome fight. We've been arguing so much about stupid "155" or "97k doe" or whatever BS crap, people forgot how awesome of a match-up this is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
        If GGG loses he will lose alot of credibility, he also has not much time to rebuild.

If Canelo loses, it's not too bad. GGG is the supposed monster of the MW division and Canelo will gain more from a valiant effort in a defeat than not fighting him at all.
        fully agree with this one.....

nothing to add....

Comment

If GGG doesn't ko canelo IMO his stock will drop. And my perspective on GGG will drop because canelo is a can compared to GGG. His real tests are at 168+ where the big guys will test his skills and power.

Though GGG will bodybag canelo. Too strong, too skillfull, too powerful.

GGG Tko in 9, potentially his corner throws in towel ala gabe rosado or ref sees enough and stops it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hewito View Post
            I dont know if this question has been asked before but if they fight,will the loser of the fight star status go down?..I think Canelo has more to lose but I dont know.I am not talking about this forum but mostly general or casual fans..I am sure it all depends on the type of fight but if both come out swinging and boxing ala barrera vs morales,their star status will stay intact.What is the general opinion?
            Canelo has less to lose. As a matter of fact he'd be expected to lose. If he loses he has a great team and management behind him. They'd rebuild him by feeding him Rosado, Rubio, Lemieux. Then they'd get him fights against Quillin, Lee and Jacobs, and there you have 2 to 3 years worth of fights he can still make, and be back on top.

GGG on the other hand loses everything in a loss to Nelo.

Comment

Working...
            X