Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the story behind this picture?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Ali was banned from boxing, Joe loaned Ali $50,000.00.

The hatred started when Ali called Joe a gorilla.

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
      When Ali was banned from boxing, Joe loaned Ali $50,000.00.

The hatred started when Ali called Joe a gorilla.
      This among other racial slurs… all for "promotion" but Ali never made it clear to Joe. This was after Ali had hit rock bottom and Joe had helped him out with a few bucks during Ali's hard times..thus, when Ali began attacking Joe's character as a publicity stunt, Joe must have felt betrayed and true animosity grew between them. It was a documentary on it on HBO a few years back but it was actually filmed in the late 1990's or early 2000's. Maybe you can search for it and it breaks down the history behind the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
        This among other racial slurs… all for "promotion" but Ali never made it clear to Joe. This was after Ali had hit rock bottom and Joe had helped him out with a few bucks during Ali's hard times..thus, when Ali began attacking Joe's character as a publicity stunt, Joe must have felt betrayed and true animosity grew between them. It was a documentary on it on HBO a few years back but it was actually filmed in the late 1990's or early 2000's. Maybe you can search for it and it breaks down the history behind the two.
        Are you talking about the Thrilla in Manila documentary? Thats the only one Ive seen. I really don't think Ali should' had taken it that far. The fight should've had enough hype as it was.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          Are you talking about the Thrilla in Manila documentary? Thats the only one Ive seen. I really don't think Ali should' had taken it that far. The fight should've had enough hype as it was.
          I believe so but i'm not 100% sure. Yeah, i agree. Joe was such an honest man from what was shown. He was a very dedicated, disciplined and family orientated. Regardless I have no idea what Ali was thinking, he was controversial enough at that point and i agree with you, fight would have sold well without the extra slurs and nonsense he was spewing. Well I'm off, good day folks!

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
            I believe so but i'm not 100% sure. Yeah, i agree. Joe was such an honest man from what was shown. He was a very dedicated, disciplined and family orientated. Regardless I have no idea what Ali was thinking, he was controversial enough at that point and i agree with you, fight would have sold well without the extra slurs and nonsense he was spewing. Well I'm off, good day folks!
            Yea, I'm more than certain that's the one. They talk about him being blind or half blind too right?

I think Ali just got too caught up in that character.

Comment

at that time clay was an a-hole.
              man he would call poor fraizer an uncle tom and all sort of stuff.
              the white rednecks loved that sht.
              it sold fights.

Comment

As much as Ali is loved today, majority of the people don't realize how brutal he could be with his words, the stuff he said about Fraizer was just sad.

Comment

Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
                  at that time clay was an a-hole.
                  man he would call poor fraizer an uncle tom and all sort of stuff.
                  the white rednecks loved that sht.
                  it sold fights.
                  Ali was basically bullying Frazier which apparently got his kids bullied too.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingbrain28 View Post
                    As much as Ali is loved today, majority of the people don't realize how brutal he could be with his words, the stuff he said about Fraizer was just sad.
                    I dont wanna sound like a dick or an ******* but I guess in the end karma caught up with him (Ali).

Comment

maybe its photoshopped lol

Comment

Working...
                      X