No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire vs. Mares: Full Contract Details Are Revealed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SceneSpectator! View Post
    Aaaaah.. just make the Donaire - Rigo fight first on April 13 because that's what laid on the table already, and then Mares will be next any month of this year of their convenience! These just the 2 fights I want to see this year from Donaire and I will be satisfied!
    After the crap theY put GBP through i doubt this offer still on table but i dont doubt nonito and his fans will call it a duck on mares part if it isnt.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
      Donaire has no say in his career. One reason why fighters should stat away from Top Rank.
      Donaire has every say in his career. If he disagrees, and it doesn't contravene his contract with Top Rank, he's just looking after his own interests.

It's obvious, even from a casual look, that this fight is worth a hell of a lot more than $3 mill. With site fees and PPV Donaire could make nearly or double that amount. Plus Arum would certainly make a bundle.

A major reason for Donaire to turn it down, is in clause C at the very beginning. The fight is to take place at any time UP TO JUNE 30th. Donaire has repeatedly said that he won't fight later than April as his wife is expecting a baby in mid June (forget the approx date) and he won't fight for a couple of months on either side of that date.
      So the fight is a non-starter right there, and PROMOTER is just doing some PR.

I found it interesting that Top Rank would be liable for making sure that "PROMOTER" would have the sole rights to any form of media which might be invented in the future.....and that the bout can be cancelled without notice, if Donaire wears a logo the PROMOTERS don't want. And that any an all taxes will be deducted from the amount, which would interfere with whatever system of tax returns that Arum might usually make.

Also, if Donaire's party arrives at the hotel of the site any time before 5 days prior to the match, they pay for it themselves. And they must arrive not less than 5 days before the match. So...... a small thing but instructive in showing what minute details are involved.

I think that if the fight is cancelled by PROMOTER, they are not liable to compensate Top Rank or Donaire......
      All in all, this contract, which I read completely, has several conditions and commitments which seemed "complicated" and in toto it shows why the simplistic demands of BoxingScene posters to "just sign the damned contract and get the fight on".... just cannot be met. With 2 promoters like Top Rank and Golden Balls sniffing in circles at each other, it could take at a minimum, a few weeks.

I liked the clause about "confidentiality", considering that this contract is now splashed all over these pages, although in justice, the part "intentionally left blank" most likely contains the part of the contract they wish to remain secret.

I wonder if Chavez Jr. signed a contract like this (probably did) and whether he had to pay either promoter for causing "moral turpitude" when he was caught drunk driving just before a fight, or for the marijuana-apart from Commission penalties?

Comment

• Originally posted by SceneSpectator! View Post
        Aaaaah.. just make the Donaire - Rigo fight first on April 13 because that's what laid on the table already, and then Mares will be next any month of this year of their convenience! These just the 2 fights I want to see this year from Donaire and I will be satisfied!
        The fight should happen, but they will need a 3rd party negotiator to get it done. Even then there are far from any guarantees. I also wish people would have the ability to read between the lines to see for themselves how both sides are complete snakes only looking out for their own self interests.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgarg View Post
          Donaire has every say in his career. If he disagrees, and it doesn't contravene his contract with Top Rank, he's just looking after his own interests.

It's obvious, even from a casual look, that this fight is worth a hell of a lot more than $3 mill. With site fees and PPV Donaire could make nearly or double that amount. Plus Arum would certainly make a bundle.

A major reason for Donaire to turn it down, is in clause C at the very beginning. The fight is to take place at any time UP TO JUNE 30th. Donaire has repeatedly said that he won't fight later than April as his wife is expecting a baby in mid June (forget the approx date) and he won't fight for a couple of months on either side of that date.
          So the fight is a non-starter right there, and PROMOTER is just doing some PR.

I found it interesting that Top Rank would be liable for making sure that "PROMOTER" would have the sole rights to any form of media which might be invented in the future.....and that the bout can be cancelled without notice, if Donaire wears a logo the PROMOTERS don't want. And that any an all taxes will be deducted from the amount, which would interfere with whatever system of tax returns that Arum might usually make.

Also, if Donaire's party arrives at the hotel of the site any time before 5 days prior to the match, they pay for it themselves. And they must arrive not less than 5 days before the match. So...... a small thing but instructive in showing what minute details are involved.

I think that if the fight is cancelled by PROMOTER, they are not liable to compensate Top Rank or Donaire......
          All in all, this contract, which I read completely, has several conditions and commitments which seemed "complicated" and in toto it shows why the simplistic demands of BoxingScene posters to "just sign the damned contract and get the fight on".... just cannot be met. With 2 promoters like Top Rank and Golden Balls sniffing in circles at each other, it could take at a minimum, a few weeks.

I liked the clause about "confidentiality", considering that this contract is now splashed all over these pages, although in justice, the part "intentionally left blank" most likely contains the part of the contract they wish to remain secret.

I wonder if Chavez Jr. signed a contract like this (probably did) and whether he had to pay either promoter for causing "moral turpitude" when he was caught drunk driving just before a fight, or for the marijuana-apart from Commission penalties?
          Nonito is a puppet! But keep on reaching man. Protect till end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            This contract is for Arum, he wont sign it
            A vital point.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              The fight should happen, but they will need a 3rd party negotiator to get it done. Even then there are far from any guarantees. I also wish people would have the ability to read between the lines to see for themselves how both sides are complete snakes only looking out for their own self interests.
              Lateral thinking is a big NO NO Dean

Comment

• Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                thats true. twitter wars is between GBP and donaire. TR has no part of it.

even if it the contract was faxed to nonaire, he would have to present it to arum for final say.

arums personal beef with GBP is ruining boxing for us.
                The contract isn't with Donaire, it's with Arum. And Schaefer said that he sent the contract to a Top Rank representative, not to Arum nor Donaire

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  I'm pretty sure that Nonito also signed a contract extension with Top Rank after that whole fiasco when he was trying to jump to GBP.
                  he thought his contract with Top Rank had expired, but he forgot about the clause which extnded the contract due to injuries, by a year, also Top Rank had an option of extending. In the meantime his 22 year old wife had made some nasty comments about Pacquiao's wife and Arum retorted, which caused a flap-not difficult to do with 22 year old boxers' wives and old men.

Once it was straightened out, everyone apologised all round and he signed a new, longer contract. Oscar makes a habit of interfering with boxers signed to other promoters, it causes pressure..... it was all reported on BoxingScene.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    The contract isn't with Donaire, it's with Arum. And Schaefer said that he sent the contract to a Top Rank representative, not to Arum nor Donaire
                    Is this Donaires wife? He sent the contract to Arums lawyer. You know, how they always do it? And you think Donaire could make 6 million when he just made 750k? Why would Top Rank offer Golden Boy one third of 3M for Mares services? You're an idiot shut up.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                      If Donaire really wanted this fight badly, he should pressed Arum for his Mares fight, and if he needs to use this as his leverage or bargaining chip to extend his contract with TR, then all the way! I'm feed up with these Arum and GBP stubbornness!

Comment

Working...
                      X