Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MARQUEZ: "Arum told me it was just business... I wanted to slap him...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
    as a pac fan you can't say manny won all 3 fights though.. let's not go with that b.s.
    I did not say that bro, admitedly I am a Pac Fan and obviously have already previously told my peace, unless b_llsh_ted first, NO MORE B.S. from me...

are you one of those who do not see the 3 fights as close fights??

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
      I did not say that bro, admitedly I am a Pac Fan and obviously have already previously told my peace, unless b_llsh_ted first, NO MORE B.S. from me...

are you one of those who do not see the 3 fights as close fights??
      they were all close except the first. but that one round allowed manny to stay in on the scorecard.
      as I stated above. I had this last one a draw.

Comment

Marquez did enough to survive.. Avoided getting dropped this time around and did better then what people expected.. Thats about it..

Any hater would agree with Marquez that the reason the fight didnt swing his way was due to the potential of loosing a multi million dollar fight with Pac and Floyd..

Comment

does anyone know who did the interview and when was it??

Comment

I think the Khan fight is a clear example of this.. and you'd be a fool to deny it having Mayweather in your avy since Mayweather pushes off just as much as anybody in the sport if not more and doesn't get penalized for it.. why should Khan?
            Wait that makes NO sense. First of all name me a fight where you see Mayweather pushing an opponent off as much and with as much force like Khan did with Peterson, I dare you.

SECOND of all, even if Mayweather did push as much as Khan and you claim there's corruption in the sport etc how is the ref penalizing Khan a part of this 'corruption'? That makes absolute no sense.. if anything the ref should be commended for enforcing the rules. Just because (in your mind) Mayweather gets away with it because he has a diff ref doesn't mean Khan has a green light to continue doing it. Do you even have a clue what you're saying? It's corruption because the ref penalized Khan for excessive pushing after incessant warnings? Peterson was also the aggressor the whole fight who landed more punches.

Your logic is actually hilarious, its like saying one cop lets off a guy going 2mph over the limit and dismisses it and its wrong and corrupted by the other cop actually giving a speeding ticket regardless if its only 2mph over the limit.

Please find me a video showing Mayweather pushing like this and/or the ref telling Mayweather 2000 times not to do so. I seriously challenge you to do so. I'm not holding my breath. Please don't act like Khan received only like 3-4 warnings.

Last edited by Phil Ivey; 12-16-2011, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JM1 View Post
              does anyone know who did the interview and when was it??
              I know it was recent [this week] but I don't know who did the interview. I found it online. sorry :/

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
                Wait that makes NO sense. First of all name me a fight where you see Mayweather pushing an opponent off as much and with as much force like Khan did with Peterson, I dare you.

SECOND of all, even if Mayweather did push as much as Khan and you claim there's corruption in the sport etc how is the ref penalizing Khan a part of this 'corruption'? That makes absolute no sense.. if anything the ref should be commended for enforcing the rules. Just because (in your mind) Mayweather gets away with it because he has a diff ref doesn't mean Khan has a green light to continue doing it. Do you even have a clue what you're saying? It's corruption because the ref penalized Khan for excessive pushing after incessant warnings? Peterson was also the aggressor the whole fight who landed more punches.

Your logic is actually hilarious, its like saying one cop lets off a guy going 2mph over the limit and dismisses it and its wrong and corrupted by the other cop actually giving a speeding ticket regardless if its only 2mph over the limit.

Please find me a video showing Mayweather pushing like this and/or the ref telling Mayweather 2000 times not to do so. I seriously challenge you to do so. I'm not holding my breath. Please don't act like Khan received only like 3-4 warnings.

corruption has to do with everything from home town refs to shady judges.
                If you are a Mayweather fan you would know that he's pushed on various occasions in his last 4 fights.. all of these fighters have complained about elbows as well.

When he hit Marquez with a hook he then motioned to push him, the only reason he didn't was because Marquez was already going down. Go back and look at it.

Still what kind of ***** **** is deducting points for pushing.. this is boxing. You don't want to get pushed.. go to another sport because it's a fight! it happens!

as Larry Merchant said, "I've heard of no crying in boxing, but no pushing? come on!"

Comment

I'm not about to go research through Mayweather's boring as fights but you guys are saying he doesn't push.. here's the KD. He throws a hook than goes to push.
                  pushing is pushing, no matter if it's defensively or offensively.

but anyway enough of that, this thread isn't about Mayweather so back to the topic at hand..

Comment

corruption has to do with everything from home town refs to shady judges.
                    If you are a Mayweather fan you would know that he's pushed on various occasions in his last 4 fights.. all of these fighters have complained about elbows as well.

When he hit Marquez with a hook he then motioned to push him, the only reason he didn't was because Marquez was already going down. Go back and look at it.

Still what kind of ***** **** is deducting points for pushing.. this is boxing. You don't want to get pushed.. go to another sport because it's a fight! it happens!

as Larry Merchant said, "I've heard of no crying in boxing, but no pushing? come on!"
                    There is corruption in the sport, but the Khan-Peterson fight is FAR from it. You can't blame a ref's discretion to enforce albeit it sometimes being a minor infraction - that said Khan committed this minor infraction well over 20 times. You cited one push from Mayweather - we're not talking about several pushes here. I could care less what Larry thinks all he dreams about is watching another Gatti-Ward he's insatiable and complains whenever he can. Like I said KHAN was pushing INCESSANTLY - sure if it was 5-6 times it can be overlooked by how can anyone blame the ref was penalizing Khan despite being warned numerous times is befuddling. Also people cited Marquez not winning the 3rd fight beecause he wasn't the aggressor, well here we saw Peterson being the aggressor, out landing Khan by a substantial amount bar the jabs. Don't blame the ref.. blame the rule maker.

Like I expected you failed to showcase a Mayweather pushing reel. Not one is even 1/10th forceful as some of the ones Khan used.
                    Last edited by Phil Ivey; 12-16-2011, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Wayyy too much money Vegas would lose that night, and potentially on another night

Comment

Working...
                      X