No announcement yet.

Cotto dissapointed they stopped the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto dissapointed they stopped the fight

Did you see the look on Cotto's face when they stopped the fight? He was like...."noooooo". He wanted to keep battering Tony. i had the same look. I wanted to see him beat him up some more too.

He fought the perfect fight against Tony, following his instructions from his trainer to keep turning Tony, and stay away from the ropes, and avoid the uppercuts. He was moving gracefully, pot-shotting that eye.

And I think the outcome would have still been the same if Tony didn't have a bad eye. Tony won 1 pity round that actually could have gone either way, and Cotto had control of the entire fight.

This is how Cotto could have won their first fight. Congrats to Cotto for a fantastic performance!!! His 1st loss is now avenged.

If he was so disappointed he wouldn't have ran for every round before that.

Cotto was just starting to gas(like he always does) and Margarito was getting just ready to go for broke(like he always does)

That doctor saved Cotto's career.

Comment

This is what I was saying.

The fight was getting worse for Marg. He literally couldn't see the left hook coming and Cotto was landing his jab and left hook at will. All Cotto had to do was open up and go for the KO and the fight would've been over.

Margarito was hurt a few times in the rounds leading up to the stoppage. Go back and look at the video. He was falling all over the place. Unless that ring was wet with water, why was he falling all over the place. Their feet weren't getting tied up. Marg was done people. The doctor saved him.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        This is what I was saying.

The fight was getting worse for Marg. He literally couldn't see the left hook coming and Cotto was landing his jab and left hook at will. All Cotto had to do was open up and go for the KO and the fight would've been over.

Margarito was hurt a few times in the rounds leading up to the stoppage. Go back and look at the video. He was falling all over the place. Unless that ring was wet with water, why was he falling all over the place. Their feet weren't getting tied up. Marg was done people. The doctor saved him.
        That's what he does- he eats power shots. I don't know what you were watching, but I saw Cotto Breaking down and Margarito Turning it up right before they stopped it.

Now I know Marg's eye was ****ed up, but how are you gonna license a guy to fight, only to not give him a chance when it counts? He was a lot worse against Pacquiao with no chance to win and they let it continue. He was still in this fight.
        Last edited by DARKSEID; 12-04-2011, 01:04 PM.

Comment

There was only major moment in the fight where Cotto allowed the fight to become a brawl, other than that, he boxed and boxed and boxed, like he was supposed to do. He was not gonna beat Margarito if he didn't box him, that simple. I don't think he was as accurate in this fight as the first one, but his foot-work was MUCH better and his overall defense improved as well. The dude was constantly on his feet, proving that the punishment he took in the first fight really hurt his overall performance. Marg was throwing some good body shots this time, he had the right game-plan, but he didn't have the power to make it happen fast enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
            That's what he does- he eats power shots. I don't know what you were watching, but I saw Cotto Breaking down and Margarito Turning it up right before they stopped it.

Now I know Marg's eye was ****ed up, but how are you gonna license a guy to fight, only to not give him a chance when it counts? He was a lot worse against Pacquiao with no chance to win and they let it continue. He was still in this fight.
            Cotto was landing more and more before the fight was stopped. He landed his left jab and left hook at will. Marg literally could'nt see it coming because his left eye was closed shut.

I thought Cotto found his 2nd wind. I think he was gassing around round 6 or 7 maybe, but from there he found his 2nd wind and was landing at will.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
              Cotto was landing more and more before the fight was stopped. He landed his left jab and left hook at will. Marg literally could'nt see it coming because his left eye was closed shut.

I thought Cotto found his 2nd wind. I think he was gassing around round 6 or 7 maybe, but from there he found his 2nd wind and was landing at will.
              I need to watch it again because I was a little tipsy but that's not how i remember it.

Comment

If Cotto was losing that bad, why did he look so disappointed at the stoppage?? Like i said...THIS is how he could have won there 1st fight. Keep turning Tony so he can't apply pressure, keep moving, he wasn't running away, he was moving laterally, turning Tony, so he couldn't get any good power shots off. I was saying this long before the fight.

He kept pot-shotting him and moving away, so he don't get hit back. Tony is and always was slow. He never was a very good boxer, but he has a ton of heart, still has a good chin, and yes, he was taking Cotto's shot's pretty well, but Cotto was breaking him down.

Tony's output was slowing down, and Cotto just kept gaining confidence, he knew his plan was working. So why did he look so disappointed when they stopped the fight? That was very clear....he was like...wtf??? C'mon!!!!! Don't take this away from me!
                Last edited by jazluvr; 12-04-2011, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
                  If Cotto was losing that bad, why did he look so disappointed at the stoppage?? Like i said...THIS is how he could have won there 1st fight. Keep turning Tony so he can't apply pressure, keep moving, he wasn't running away, he was moving laterally, turning Tony, so he couldn't get any good power shots off. I was saying this long before the fight.

He kept pot-shotting him and moving away, so he don't get hit back. Tony is and always was slow. He never was a very good boxer, but he has a ton of heart, still has a good chin, and yes, he was taking Cotto's shot's pretty well, but Cotto was breaking him down.

Tony's output was slowing down, and Cotto just kept gaining confidence, he knew his plan was working. So why did he look so disappointed when they stopped the fight? That was very clear....he was like...wtf??? C'mon!!!!! Don't take this away from me!
                  I only got to see the first 3 rounds til my stream went had to use a rbr for the rest.I was shocked at how good Margarito could still take them shots like Cotto was landing bombs.I think Garcia has tried to turn Tony into more off a boxer/puncher and against his comeback opponent Garcia thats fine but against Pac and Cotto its just not good enough.Capetillio was perfect for his style get him crazy condition and have him constantly pressuring fighters but to be fair Miguel boxed brillantly tonight could not take anything away from those first three rounds.Footwork was brillant.Neither wanted the fight stopped both warriors.It was pretty funny at the end when Smoger stopped he kissed Tony on the chest did the same to Mtagwa after Yuri destroyed him

Comment

Working...
                  X