No announcement yet.

Why can’t Thurman show some respect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can’t Thurman show some respect?

I’ve been a fan of his but I’m slowly going the other way. Hope PacMan slams a few hooks into his mouth ****y little punk

He’s trying too hard to sell, it’s cringing in a way because that’s not him. But he has to do the business in the ring

Comment

He's hyping the fight and it's definitely more fun with him trying to play the villain.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        He’s trying too hard to sell, it’s cringing in a way because that’s not him. But he has to do the business in the ring
        ... Yes... and he's but a " Buddhist hipster" trying to act like a "hood trash talker"... hence the "result"... but Kief is alright...

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
          He's hyping the fight and it's definitely more fun with him trying to play the villain.
          ... he tries hard, but he can't actually "play the villain" -- because he simply ain't... hence the "artificiality"...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Right. Trash talk is sound bites. Fringe fans have always been more important than hardcore fans, they already have our money. Connor will prolly be remembered as a better talker than fighter in the end. So I don’t blame everyone trying but it’s hard to watch. Shoving at a weigh in is so played out. Ud have to had actually blown a fight and the money once before to be taken seriously. I think good performances and post fight comments go a lot further but sometimes it’s the best value for sum guys.

Comment

Thurman is a cornball and probably a nice guy in real life. His trash talk is lame, artificial and hard to believe his boasts when he is bragging about facing a 40 year old fighter but openly ducks Spence.

Thurman decisions pac but Spence would beat his ass, maybe stop him. Thurmans defense was leaky last fight. Thurman is the 3rd best welterweight in the world after Crawford and Spence but that doesnt mean Im impressed, we just have a lull in talent. This isnt the Trindad/DLH era nor is it the Cotto/margarito era.
              Last edited by elfag; 07-20-2019, 06:19 AM.

Comment

You're too emotionally invested, its nothing but promotion.

Comment

I used to be a Thurman fan. He has become so arrogant and disrespectful to other boxers that I am no longer a fan. He acts like two very close wins of Danny and Porter makes him vastly superior to all welterweights. I think both Crawford and Spence are much better. His disrespect of Pac was way worse than even trash talker Broner's disrespect of Pac. It it uncalled for. The fight sells it's self. Thurman should not have trashed Pacquiao and just let his fists do the talking.

Comment

Someone has to be the villain, I mean Arnold did it reluctantly against Lou Ferrigno.

Comment

Working...
                    X