No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Says ESPN Momentum Building, Big Plans Ahead in 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
    Bradley is pro Top Rank fighters? He's one of the best announcers right now in the ESPN.
    We can agree to disagree. I found his narrative of the fights very pro Top Rank headliner. Teddy seemed to just detail the fight without a slant toward any fighter.

I like and appreciate that because I grew up on neutral announcers.

Comment

It will bum me out if the ESPN+ streaming service gets all the good stuff. I am so upside down in entertainment budget, another service is a no go without dropping something else which won't happen.

I would understand the decision, just will bum me completely out.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Top Rank on ESPN has been good for boxing fans. Only problem I have is the lack of independent announcers.

It feels like i'm watching a stream on TR.com because the announcers are so pro TR fighters. I hate this because I grew up in the era where boxing announcers just called the fights rather than be network employee shills.

But I will take that in exchange for the quality fights being on the air and not PPV.
        IMO, HBO by far has the worst announcers (except Ward).

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          Bradley is pro Top Rank fighters? He's one of the best announcers right now in the ESPN.
          so hes the best out of 3? lol bradley kinda sucks, hes always drunk. He sounded like he was trying to imitate teddy atlas on saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            IMO, HBO by far has the worst announcers (except Ward).
            I think the ESPN guys have patterned themselves off the HBO and TR in house guys. They are essentially homers-like stu Lantz, johnny most, or the guy that does the Cavs games.

I get it, I just prefer the Dunphy, Cosell, old lampley, old Bernstein style of the past..

Comment

Let's get Spence v Crawford on.

Comment

I don't mind them too much, but I miss Teddy. That one dude though, his voice, every time he talks it makes me think of that Raymond on Everybody Loves Raymond

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                  so hes the best out of 3? lol bradley kinda sucks, hes always drunk. He sounded like he was trying to imitate teddy atlas on saturday
                  Joe Tessitore actually called Bradley Teddy during the Ramirez Imam fight

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    We can agree to disagree. I found his narrative of the fights very pro Top Rank headliner. Teddy seemed to just detail the fight without a slant toward any fighter.

I like and appreciate that because I grew up on neutral announcers.
                    Teddy isn't slanted to anyone besides lomachenko

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                      I don't mind them too much, but I miss Teddy. That one dude though, his voice, every time he talks it makes me think of that Raymond on Everybody Loves Raymond
                      Mark Kriegel

Comment

Working...
                      X